That being said, here's my pro and con list on whether to platoon or not to platoon Billy.
- Maybe this is some Ned Yost psych-out bullshit to get Billy pissed and hungry. It certainly seemed to work last night
- Billy is about 1 for 387 against righties this year
- Russell BRAN-YAN swings and misses more than Bobbo hunting for 'tang for Philly. Note, this is note a rip on Philly, just a comment on how creepy Bobbo can be - in a demented skinny guy sort of way
- Branyan is a downgrade defensively. I understand that Billy has had his struggles lately, but, come on, there's a reason Billy was brought in last night
- Branyan runs the bases like Frankenstein, at least Billy can provide some speed
- This could destroy any confidence Billy has left
- This could negatively impact the clubhouse b/c, from what I can see, Billy is a popular player
There you have it, an exhaustive list (kinda, not really). I think Billy should be playing every day, even though I think he is overrated. After all, we have no place else to go.