Thursday, June 26, 2008

First Bucks post...

Now I don't consider myself a huge Bucks fan but always get excited come draft time to see who will be in our future. Up until 5 minutes ago I was thinking sweet we'll take Joe Alexander and he'll be a solid role player at the SF position I'm cool with that.

Nope, not going to happen if the reported Richard Jefferson for Yi and Bobby Simmons trade goes through as is being reportd.

Pros:
-Richard Jefferson is signed for the next 3 seasons and is a stud and all-star SF we haven't had since Big Dog.
-Finally get rid of Bobby DePaul slacker Simmons and his moster contract.
-Yi hates Milwaukee, now he can be with is Asain friends in New York.

Cons:
-Basically wasted first round pick last year.
-Hope Jefferson isn't pissed about leaving Jay-Z to come to Sen. Kohl.
-Hope Jefferson can stay healthy for the rest of his time in Milwaukee


I like it overall. Here's the starters Mo, Redd, Jefferson, Charlie V and Bogut. I wonder if we are done yet. I highly doubt we'll take Alexander any more. Perhaps we can trade Mo and get a better point guard. We'll see but I'm glad to see some changes made by the new GM. I"m not sure this one trade will get done but its a damn good start.

3 comments:

Rubie Q said...

Agreed, good move. Hell, it was a plus just to get Yi and Simmons out of here.

Now, if somebody -- I'm looking at you, Kevin McHale -- is dumb enough to trade, say, the No. 3 pick for the No. 8, Mo Williams, and Charlie V so we could take O.J. Mayo, we'd really be talking.

Softball's Tony Gwynn said...

You want OJ mayo to be your PG?

If they stay where they are maybe they can get Bayless from AZ and worry about trading Mo later (ahem Pat Riley you want a PG that can play with Wade?).

Plus McHale isn't doing anything until the Heat do something cuz he might be able to get Beasley at 3. I'd take Beasley.

Rubie Q said...

Yep, I want O.J. Mayo to be my point guard. I think he's going to be a much, much better player than Bayless or Gordon or Augustin.

Never misunderestimate the stupidity of Kevin McHale.