Monday, June 2, 2008

The New Post-Game Celebration.

I noticed this after the game on Friday, but didn't think anything of it. Then it happened again after the game yesterday, and I had to mention it:

What's up with the new post-game celebration for the outfielders? You know, the one where the last out is recorded and they all immediately untuck their jerseys before they do the jump high-five thing in centerfield?

I'm not trying to be a stickler for proper fashion here. I'm just wondering: who broached the subject? Which one said: Hey, you know what'd be fun? We win the game, then we start to disrobe on the field! (My money is on Corey Hart. He's too much of a free spirit to be encumbered with a tucked-in shirt all day. Shine on, you crazy diamond.)

Look, I'll happily admit that the first thing I do upon returning to the Abode of Mr. and Mrs. Q after work is to untuck the shirt, drop trou, grab a bottle of High Life, and enjoy a Nice Tall Cold One in my Ninja Turtle underwear. And I'm sure that, a time or two, some unwitting passer-by has caught a glimpse of my ass (covered by boxers, not bare) just before I grab a seat on the living room couch. I just don't know that I'd be comfortable beginning the process in the middle of the street. Perhaps I'll give it a shot tonight. Ladies...

1 comment:

FPMKE said...

Sounds like something they picked up at team building exerise '99... it's business time!