Monday, June 9, 2008

Of Weddings and Getting Old, Part II

Long time reader, first time blogger here. A couple of side notes regarding the great dance-off between Sheet's Va-Jay-Jay, Rubie Q, and myself:

-A wedding of a my own or a very close friend/relative is the only time you'll see SB's Tony Gywnn consistently on the dance floor. Plus, the tuxedo was a rental so who gives a fuck.
-I've learned that sweating is a great way to fend off a massive beer hang-over. I'll take a few sore dancing muscles and a sweaty dress shirt over a massive headache any day of the week.
-No one was hurt, including Sheeter, so the prop bet for first one to go down with a dance floor injury is a push.
-I wish I could take credit for calling "Soul Finger" prior to the beginning trumpets of the song, but I had asked the DJ when he was playing it and he said its next.
-If you dance to much, you'll miss the mini-brats and burgers you've been looking forward to all week. Shit!!!!
-As always, anytime you can include the line "Fuck the Badgers" in a chorus it makes for a great song and directing the chorus chants at a Badger Bridesmaid and sister of the bride was an added bonus.
-Jumping up and down to the song "Jump Around" doesn't make you a Badger Fan, it means you can follow directions. And no Badger fans (Badger Bridesmaid and Jamie "Tan Tommy" Curtain) just because they play the song in Camp Randall doesn't mean you own the fucking song so us non-Communists can dance to it too.
-Speaking of following directions, props to B. Ho for teaching us dance moves to the rap songs that us 3 white guys didn't know the moves to. Now I can add that to the moves I all ready know, like the Electric Slide, the Macarena, the Chicken Dance, and that fucking Let's Go Jays song from Canada.

All and all it was a fantastic wedding. T-minus 14 months to the Von Dohman Schmidt nuptiuals, cuz I know for a fact I won't be doing any dancing at the dry wedding in San Francisco in November for Mrs. SB's Tony Gywnn's friend, and by dry I don't mean free from rain. Oh well!

4 comments:

FPMKE said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rubie Q said...

I was pretty nearly hammered before I was done with my salad. The two gargantuan margaritas at Margarita's may have contributed to that. Anyway, the dancing managed to sober me up, but then, by the time I got back to the hotel, I was suffering from an Overexertion/Exercise Headache. In the end, I guess it didn't matter what I did; I was going home with a headache.

Thanks for the refuse on my car in the morning, fpmke.

Softball's Tony Gwynn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
FPMKE said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.