Friday, June 27, 2008

Say Good Night, Bill Mota, You Fucking Fucktard.

Anybody need more proof that Bill Mota is washed up? Anybody? Show of hands? Yeah, I'm not seeing any hands.

Gee, do you think Doug Melvin would like a second crack at reshaping the bullpen? Turns out that recreating the 2001 Dodgers bullpen -- featuring two former 'Roid Monkeys -- wasn't the best idea. Maybe because it's 2008. And you can't use steroids anymore. I don't know, I'm sure there are a lot of reasons. Those are just the two that jump out at me.

2 comments:

Softball's Tony Gwynn said...

Rubie,

Can we place any of the blame on Kendall in this instances? Mauer is 6'7 or something like that, why with 0-2 could would you got up the ladder for 3 straight pitches after he just fouled off 2 pretty good pitches up and inside, only to let the third pitch cross over the plate. 0-2 no body on, spike one maybe he'll chase. Now I'm not saying Mota isn't washed up because his last few appearances have been less than stellar, but I think you've got to look at the guy who called the pitch there. He's not going to hit a HR on a ball in the dirt. Besides, we still picked up a game on first desite losing the series.

Sinerely,

Softball's Tony Gwynn

Rubie Q said...

Let me see if I have this straight: you want to blame Kendall because Mota threw two high fastballs that were fouled off, and then threw another fastball that caught way too much of the plate? Mauer's an excellent low-ball hitter. Going up the ladder was the right move. Mota just didn't execute. That's on him, not Kendall.