Monday, June 2, 2008

Something funny happened on the way to the ballpark...

No. I'm not going to go into some huge post about how I drove by a duplex on Wisconsin Ave and saw someone's Ninja Turtle covered hinder (although, that might be fun) I'm talking about what happened to our Milwaukee Brewers. Apparently they needed some incentive to remember how to play. Maybe it's just being back at home. Maybe it's the fact that we have a roof that actually works and can be opened on occasion (it's about freaken time). Maybe they actually realized that they needed to win if they wanted to keep their buddy Yost as the coach. Maybe they all got ZJ's. I'm not sure, but whatever it is, it's working.


A funny thing actually did happen to me walking into the ballpark on Tuesday night. I do happen to be employed by the Milwaukee Brewers, so I get there a bit earlier than most people usually. I park in an employee lot and walk into the park on a bridge (not the footbridge that connects the east lot to the stadium). While walking across the bridge, minding my own business, a water balloon is hurled in my general direction. The white P.O.S. was coming from behind (that's what she said) so I had no idea what was going on until it wizzed by my head. It exploded in front of me (luckily no water or balloon pieces hit my person) and the car full of idiots drove off. I felt like victory was mine even though I did nothing. The person just completely missed me. I also wondered what would make a person throw a water balloon at an unsuspecting person at 4 in the afternoon. And then it hit me. Someone with a lot of time on their hands that has terrible aim and can't throw must have done it. I obviously know who that is:

Jacque Jones...You suck!

3 comments:

Reid You Animal! said...

That throw he's unleashing in this pic probably ended up 2 rows behind home plate, or hit the bull. One of the two.

Devil's Threesome said...

My favorite is when his throws hit the back of the mound. That's always high comedy.

Rubie Q said...

I loved this post. You know what would have put it over the top, though?

If that was actually a picture of Jacque Jones.

If I'm not mistaken, that's his countryman, Juan Pierre. I don't believe Jacque ever wore the traditional stirrup, but I know Juan Pierre did.

Please forgive my dickishness if I'm wrong.