Saturday, July 26, 2008

In your face, Canada!

I know that not many people realize this, but Team USA Mens Basketball played an exhibition game against Team Canada last night.  They did this in Las Vegas and used it as an opportunity to whoop up on some lesser competition... just like the competition they will face in the actual Olympics.

I have been trying to decide if I should care about the Olympics.  There are so many cons, that it is hard to get up for it.  I love my country, don't get me wrong.  I want to see the old USA rack up a million medals just to prove we still have the biggest dicks in the world, but who really cares this time around.  Everything has been a mess leading up to the games.  It's a circus act without a circus (I hate the circus anyway, so I'm fine with that).

I will actively follow and cheer for the men's team for a couple of reasons.  Reason number 1.  Dwyane Wade.  Enough said.  Reason number 2.  Michael Redd.  I guess I can cheer for someone that should have been on previous teams and is from the hometown team (not sure for how much longer though).  Reason number 3.  As long as they don't call themselves the "Dream Team".  I hate it that so many other teams have used that after our boys in '92 were called that.  You are not a dream team.  There was only one dream team and they were fricken awesome!  I loved that team.  I had dream team shirts.  I got a dream team jacket for eating so much cereal.  I followed that team with such passion.  More passion than I had ever done anything as a 12 year old boy.  That team was special.  That team was awesome.  They would never had settled for bronze.  They would never had settled for losing.  I believe that if they did, they all would have placed a pill under their tongue to end it right there.  That is how committed and just ridiculously superior these guys were.  The competition back then sucked big time, but they never let up.  I should stop now before I seem really crazy.

So, Team USA, please don't call yourself the "Dream Team" and please let Wade and Redd play and then I will cheer for you and actively watch your games.  I really don't have much else to do right now.

No comments: