Thursday, July 10, 2008

Yosty!

OK, I get it: you guys think I'm a douchebag and a bad fan for questioning King Ned's competency. Thing is, when he says shit like this:

"[Mota's] struggling," Yost said. "There's no way around it. It seems he gets two outs and the bottom falls out, and that's what happened again.

"His stuff is so good, it is a bit mystifying."

What am I supposed to do? Agree? Anybody who watched Mota pitch last night knows his "stuff" was crap. He was throwing 90 mph fastballs (and if they were sliders, they weren't moving at all) right down the middle of the plate. He was throwing batting practice.

Serenity now ... serenity now ... serenity now...

2 comments:

Softball's Tony Gwynn said...

I don't think you are a bad fan...the other comment maybe. What is Yost supposed to say?

"He's useless right now and our bullpen is going to be the reason why we don't get to the playoffs and why I might lose my job".
or
"I'm going to keep pitching the 3 guys that are pitching well in the bullpen and the rest of the guys can go fuck themselves for all I care".

Would that make you feel better?

Rubie Q said...

He just should've left it at: he's struggling right now, things snowball out of control for him. That's all. The only part I had an issue with was Yost saying: "His stuff is so good." His stuff is not any good, and it hasn't been for at least a month. That can't even be debated.