i was just going to post that...what a mother fucking ass hole. Good riddance I guess. I still think we are going to be a good team, but this sucks. Hopefully Buzz can turn his scholly into a stud for next year (Jamil Wilson). Yeah...good luck with the Juco career you pathetic overrated piece of shit.
I realize it's harsh to call a 20-year-old an asshole ... but this kid's an asshole. This is the kind of shit a 6-year-old pulls when he doesn't want to go back to school after summer vacation. We don't need someone as immature as Mbawke on the team. Hope you find a team that's willing to put up with all your bullshit, Trevor.
BTW - What the hell do we have to show for our last 2 incoming classes? Patrick Hazel, Chris O'Tule, and 2 JUCO guys in Butler and Fulce? BRUTAL! After this year, I suspect we may go through somewhat of a dark age even with a great incoming class.Thanks again TC! I hope you're enjoying all the cornfields in beautiful Indiana.
I'm not ready to hang the guy yet. "Personal reasons" is a lame way to go out, but it's vague enough to include many viable possibilities. Maybe he has a sick parent or a kid or something back home. The timing is horrendous though. When all is said and done, I don't think he would have contributed significantly this year anyway, so I'm not too worried. Without Ousmane, Pat Hazel needs to step up and our guards need to hit treys or 08-09 could be very similar to last year.
Trevor himself said that when he was contemplating leaving after Crean left, he was not going to leave due to family reasons. That was something that was generated by the media, and is an easy explanation or cop out to use when somebody simply decides to quit something and the media can't find the real reason. So that is not it. I simply think that the physical/mental grind of a Big East basketball/credible university was more difficult than he had expected and was too much for him to handle. He had a hard enough time being an academic qualifier entering his freshman year after dealing with patsy high school classes and a high school basketball schedule so I imagine college courses and the Jerel McNeal workout routine did not exactly come easy. Making the leap to D1 from high school is a huge deal, and Marquette University doesn't have a history of letting players "slide" through their eligibility. If that's what he is looking for he can follow ODB and go to UNLV or some JuCo institution.
Money's exactly right: 'personal reasons' is a euphemism here for 'I'm a fucking pussy and couldn't hack D-1 basketball and being a college student at a good school.' If it was something like Mbakwe having a sick parent or a kid at home, YOU SAY THAT -- if only to prevent people from figuring out that your 'personal reasons' are that you're a douchenozzle.Know who else had 'personal issues'? Sam Okey.
Sam Okey also popped into my head -I'm waiting for the d-bag badger fan to start ridiculing MU because another player didn't want to play for them anymore - therefore trying to think of a comeback. Yeah - things that can fall under the umbrella of personal reasons......1. Weed - see Sam Okey2. Gambling - see Ryan Amoroso and/or Terry Schroeder3. Depression - see Sam Okey (not that I'm making fun of depression, but which came first, the weed or the depression?)4. Having too many wives to juggle with college hoops - see Matt Mortenson (was that his name?)5. Being a fuzzy foreigner - see Niv Berkowitz6. Beating girlfriends too much - see one of the WI running backsI could go on and on
That last one is Lance Smith, BTW.And if the BADger fan is dumb enough to talk shit about this, remind him of: Sam Okey, Boo Wade (Boo's 'personal issue' was that his first response in an argument with his girlfriend was to choke a bitch), Julian Schwartz, Lance Smith. Fuck, even Flowers took a leave of absence to deal with 'medical issues' (read: the Clap) this past year.
I thought Flowers had Super AIDS. I could be wrong
I'm an idiot. Yes, it was Super AIDS, and he acquired it from Trevon Hughes.
I agree that there's a 90% chance this is a bogus, bitchy reason, but us being assholes about it makes us look like petty bastards if it's in that other 10%. For example, I interviewed a girl last week here at work. She went to Minnesota for three years and excelled there. Then, she transferred to UWM and finished up there. WTF? Was this girl crazy? Some boyfriend, got knocked up, bulemic, checked into Trembling Hills? I gently made a mention of it and she came out and said she had cervical cancer and her dad's insurance didn't cover coverage in Minnesota since he's an employee in the City of MKE. Just saying guys, nothing we can do about it. No use being bitter, let's take the high road. But those farmers: FUCK THEM!!!
Dude, WTF? When did you turn into Tender Bear? Being all considerate and shit. It's really off-putting.
I'm not putting the guy down if that's what my thoughts entail, nor am I bitter about the whole thing. I hope I am wrong about the whole thing, but in doing this I do think that he is a)letting the team down and b)letting himself down and will probably look back and regret his decision regardless of the business he is tending to.And also I agree with pudgy faced quevedo.....I think this whole settling down thing has made you soft. Big Softy!
Also, did you decide to hire the girl because you felt bad about the whole cancer thing?
A better question... is the girl a) cute and b) available? Dairy farmers still do a lot of work. Even if they have machines.Just sticking up for my ancestors.
The hiring of said candidate is not my decision.A) She was very cuteB) She had what appeared to be an engagement ring, but it was on her right hand, so I'm not sure where that leaves usThe key word being ancestors - it's much easier now, just ask that dairy farmin' bitch Mike Wilkinson. I do agree that dairy farmers probably have it the roughest, but still.
I'm aware what you are talking about and the ancestor thing. They do have to put the machines on the teets (teets... ha).Hopefully you put in a good word for the cute girl.teets.
A ring on her right hand? It's either (1) her dead grandmother's ring or (2) the promise ring from her girlfriend. Come on, 2!
Ok, so apparently Mbakwe has a kid? This i did not know, and why the hell didn't his wife/girlfriend and child move to Milwaukee with him? D-Wade/Tom Crean pulled the necessary strings to make it happen so what gives. This makes the whole situation a little more understandable.
Whoops.....How'd that happen
Post a Comment