Monday, August 11, 2008

Live Sportscenter

I figure that I am the only at QatB that is having the pleasure of checking out the live Sportscenter thing they rolled out this morning.  The first thing I asked myself was, "Am I even going to be able to tell the difference?"  I now have my answer... yes and no.  That isn't much of an answer, but then again, in many ways, Sportscenter isn't much of a program.  At least not what it used to be.  Kind of like Saturday Night Live.

At times it has a "Live" feeling to it.  You can tell when they don't hit the camera movement or the anchor misses their spot by a bit.  Otherwise, it seems like the same old show.  I know this sounds horrible, but I think they are waiting for some huge disaster or something big to happen just so this live thing pays off.  They can be the first to report it.

The best moment of the morning so far was during a quick recap of Team USA mens basketball highlights.  It got so bad I was waiting for a, "Boom, goes the dynamite!" type of moment.  One of the ladies who is talking on the television this morning just absolutely murdered the highlights.  She was about 3 highlights behind and just stumbling over everything.  I know that most of the players are African American gentleman with shaved heads, but that is why they wear numbers.  Very bush league by this female member of the live Sportscenter.

(Oh great.  They just showed the shoving match between Fielder and a limp Parra for the 3rd time this morning.  Yeah, we get it.  He pitched today.  That happened last time.  Fun.)

I'm hoping someone curses live on the air, but I don't think I can stand to watch anymore of this.

2 comments:

Moongoose McQueen said...

Did they really have the Polish Rifle on this morning?

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

The Polish Rifle was on this morning and looking very chubby.