Thursday, August 28, 2008

Pissed Away a Golden Opportunity...

Ok, I understand that last night was gravy and that all we hoped for heading into this series was a split and that's what we got. But we really pissed away a golden opportunity. Just like when the Cubs came to Miller Park and did what they had to do to bury the Brewers in the Division race, we had that same chance to bury the Cardinals in the Wild Card race and we failed. 5 1/2 games is a lot more than 3 1/2. Not to mention Carlos' little show of emotion is exactly the kind of fuel the Cards need to try and catch us. I'm glad we don't play these guys again. Reminds me of last year with the Cards, everything is going well and we beam Pujols and light a fire under their asses. This year we piss off Pujols by celebrating the fact that you got lucky and got out of a bases loaded jam with no one scoring. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't' have a good feeling about what took place last night. I'll feel a lot better if we win the first 2 in Pitt and have CC on the bump Sunday.

PS-Parra pitched awesome last night and deserved the W.

3 comments:

Devil's Threesome said...

I'm not worried b/c of what I saw in the 9th inning. Hardy got on and then Braun struck out. Shroeder said Molina was chirping to Braun when Brauny was heading back to the dugout. I didn't see Molina, but they showed Braun, and he was LAUGHING at Molina. I think that says it all about the confidence of this team right now. Both teams play 13 tough games. 6 each against the Cubs and 7 against other division leaders (STL has 7 against ARI). STL has to make up a lot of room in those 13 games to overtake the Crew in the WC chase. I'm confident they won't be able to do it.

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

It sucks what happened last night. It also sucks that I have to start school again. The Brewers played better when I wasn't in school. If they start tanking, I'm quitting teaching. Simple as that.

This response made no sense.

EMoney said...

Even if we hold off the contending NL teams and win the wild card, does anyone here have any confidence in this bullpen to be able to hold games for us in the playoffs? I sure as hell don't. Last night was the prime example. Important game, our bats weren't producing a whole lot but we had a couple of runs lead, and in less than 2 innings our lead is gone leaving us 1-2 innings to get it back....Ball game! Not 1, I repeat, not 1 can walk out of that pen rockin' out to AC/DC Hells Bells or whatever making me feel like we can shutdown the opponents in order. Gagne can walk out like a rock star, but I liken it to Lou Brown when he says "You may run like mays but you hit like shit". It's ridiculous, but it is what it is. Our starting pitching and hitting is going to have to be magnificent the rest of the way.....and in the playoffs to have GREAT SUCCESS!