Monday, August 4, 2008

Really????

Just when I think that Ned Yost can't be any more of a waste, he comes out and says the following:

Reporter questions the teams inability to score runs and why their average with runners in scoring position is so low....answer.....Well they are all good hitters, and I want them to learn situational hitting on their own as they mature as ballplayers. They will turn it around.

What the hell are we paying you for then NED! What do you do exactly? How about explaining to them that swinging out of their shoes doesn't help them hit the ball hard.......when a pitcher throws 90 mph, CONTACT DOES! Maybe ask Rickie Weeks to try swinging a Louisville Slugger versus a caveman's club. Bunting in the first four innings of a game is NOT illegal, and is actually encouraged when your team is struggling to manufacture runs consistently. Or I've got an idea.....COACH! I know it's difficult, but it's not like the good ol' days with Bobby Cox in Atlanta where you just trot your 3 cy young award winners out there and let them do the rest.

Speaking of sinking to new lows, I just experienced deja vu. Correct me if I'm wrong but it was darn close to 1 year ago when Johnny Estrada and Yost were getting after it in the dug out in the midst of our collosal 1st place collapse. Well, this time it's our "leader" Prince Fielder and Manny Parra. I don't know, and I'm sure we will never find out what exactly was said, but unless Manny insulted Prince's mama, wife, kids, or dog, Prince should not be shoving our number 3 starter into the wall the way he did. That's just ridiculous! We have now lost 8 of the last 11. If things don't change in a hurry, the playoffs are going to be an afterthought and we are going to be without Sabathia, Sheets, and soon thereafter Prince whom the more I think about, don't think I'm going to miss too much. Can we bring LaPorta back? Or maybe we can trade Prince for Favre. Prince would be a good fullback, and the way Brett throws maybe he can be our closer.

No comments: