Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Soul Glo, coming to Miller Park?


So, I went to the White Sox game tonight (slobber-knocker by the way) and was very excited to see Ken Griffey Jr. in person. I think the last time I saw him play in person the Brewers were in the AL and they were playing the Mariners on a Turn Back the Clock Night at County Stadium. I had this friend who wore his Mariners Griffey jersey religiously... what a gay-rod.

Anyway, so Griffey comes up to bat and his batting music is the Soul Glo song from Coming to America... classic. I had an awkward moment when I realized that I got excited and identified the Soul Glo music prior to Beth's date who was sitting next to me (yes, he was black. Jamaican black, not African-American black but still an odd moment). Here's a link http://www.imeem.com/people/hC7Qw//music/1q8YcCut/soul_glo/ for those of you unfamiliar with the Soul Glo.

At the end of the day, awkwardness aside, I'd really like to see a Brewer have this song as their batting music. So I'm running through the list of... um, not to be racist... "playas"... and nobody is Soul Glo worthy. The only person I can think of is Gagne with his nappy-pachouli-smelling-Canadian-hair. I've had a few beers at this point but the thought of him coming out of the bullpen to the Soul Glo song just makes me giggle uncontrollably.

3 comments:

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

I actually had a dream last night about someone coming out to the Soul Glo song. It was Prince. He does crazy stuff with his music all the time.

I've always like the junior Griffey, but now I like him even more. What an awesome song to come out.

Now the White Sox need to get Sexual Chocolate to play at a game.

Rubie Q said...

I have always maintained that Prince should come up to "Pussy Control."

EMoney said...

F*ing hilarious! I suddenly have a huge craving for a burger from McDowells.