Sunday, August 24, 2008

Yosty!

From today's JS:

Hardy has 13 hits in his last 37 at-bats with three homers and 10 RBI during the stretch.

This has come on the heels of a cold spell in which he had slides of 0 for 20 and 0 for 28. But Yost doesn’t believe Hardy should be classified as a “streaky” player.

“I don’t sense any inconsistency,” Yost said. “When he was 0 for 28, I didn’t know he was 0 for 28. I don’t follow the day-to-day. What do you do to help me win a baseball game? That’s what I look at. I look at defense, I look at base running, I look at offensive production all in one. You don’t have to just swing the bat to help us win ballgames.”

Fuck me in the glory hole, that's like three Yosties in one quote:

(1) Insisting that someone who has, on two recent occasions, gone 0-20 (plus) isn't a streaky player. "I didn't even know he hadn't gotten a hit in six games," said King Ned. "I was going to ask him about it one day, but then I got lost in his eyes and forgot what I was talking about."

(2) "I don't follow the day-to-day." (Hi. I am employed as the manager of a professional baseball team. The entirety of my job involves putting players in position to succeed. To that end, I have decided to ignore what they do on the field.)

I am forced to ask again: WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE PAYING THIS MAN FOR?

(3) "I look at offensive production all in one." (What "offensive production" do you create in an oh-for-28 skid, dipshit?)

I beseech someone in the media: ask King Ned if he thinks Kim Jong Il is a bad dude. Ask him if Anna Farris is hot. Ask him if your farts stink worse after eating Indian food.

Like I said to D's 3Some at the game today: I can't tell if he realizes he's an idiot and says shit like this just to fuck with us, or if he actually believes these things.

No comments: