Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back to Sports for a minute...

As noted in my previous post, Phase I of the Softball's Tony Gwynn plan to the post-season has been accomplished. Now its our turn to take care of our business and get this thing done. Go Cubs!

Also, is anyone else really excited about the fact that the new Brewers low A affiliate is going to be the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers in Appleton. Now our newly drafted rookies will be playing ball a few hours north. Its a great deal for the T-Rats as I'm sure there will be even more interest in the team now that we might see some of these guys with the Brewers at some point.

6 comments:

Rubie Q said...

Dude: didn't you get the memo? It's Tuesday. That's the day we talk about TV. Monday night is my night to cook, and Wednesday we go to your mother's house to show her how to use her video machine, but Tuesday ... Tuesday is the day we talk about TV.

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

Funny stuff, Rube.

When I read that this morning, or last night, I got excited about the Brewers picking up the Timber Rattlers. I always like the W.V. Power's logo and stuff, but it will be great having the young guys close. Do you think our young Canadian catcher will be in A-ball this year?

I'll head up there to check them out.

FPMKE said...

Wednesday night is business time.

Devil's Threesome said...

Also, my buddy Justin runs the T-Rats stadium, so I may be able to swing some sweet seats! Who's up for partying on College Ave on a Saturday night in A-town?

Rubie Q said...

Dude, it's a 2000 seat stadium. All the seats should be pretty sweet. Unless he can get me in the dugout. Then I rescind my snarky comment.

Devil's Threesome said...

Snark level was pretty high in my initial post. Note the inclusion of the word "sweet." Don't you know me anymore?

FUCK THE BADGERS!!!