Thursday, September 4, 2008

Class of 2009, ESPN #5 Ranking

So according to ESPN.com recruiting, the class of '09 with Cadougan, Maymon, and Williams is currently #5 in the nation behind North Carolina, Villanova, Georgetown, and Texas A&M (Big East has 5 of the top 11). This doesn't even include Dwight Buycks who alledgedly is the #1 ranked guard in juco. Pretty impressive for Brent's first runabout. With the subtraction of papa Mbakwe, Buzz has another opportunity to add another highly touted kid and challenge nova and G'town for the top 3. I perused the list of those that are interested in us with the top 3 being a 6'5" SG out of cali, a SF, and Jamil Wilson. So I'm taking a poll on what/who we think Buzz should target to solidify this roster. Should he target the best available talent regardless of position ie. Wilson when we already have Maymon and E.Williams for SF's? Should he look for more depth/talent in the front court as O'tule and Morrow are more big than talented? Or should he find that 2 guard that can shoot the lights out? I am torn between a shooting guard and power forward, but at this point I am leaning towards a SG based on the fact that we have some size with Hazel/O'Tule/Morrow and we are completely lacking in the sniper department. However, the jury is still out based on the fact that I don't know if our "bigs" are going to amount to anything. Thoughts?

6 comments:

Softball's Tony Gwynn said...

the message boards are talking about a Snear kid from Cali who we are in his last three and he scheduled his offical visit with us on 9/20, his third and final visit which is good for us. 6/4 shooting guard.

Devil's Threesome said...

the schedule also comes out today - yeah!

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

Part of me really wants Wilson. I think for the only fact that it shows we can get big time recruits in our own state. We haven't really had one since Novak (I'm not counting that white kid that left). Matthews was a big get too and is so underrated, so I almost forgot about him. A SB would be great though and I hear great things about Snear.

EMoney said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

I stand corrected. Maymon is a big get. I was only thinking of who has already played. How could I do that?

I'm very excited for the next few years of MU Hoops.

EMoney said...

I am definitely excited about this upcoming season! Although, I don't expect we will do much better than we have the last few years in the Big East considering the insane depth of the league this year. It's soooo insane how good the league is going to be this year, I wonder if it has the potential to be one of the most accomplished leagues in NCAA history. All Big East final four? I would sell my left nut to go to that if MU was in it. Maybe not. The following year, however, is going to be a different story. I suspect somewhat of a rebuilding year, but if we maintain the class coming it they should still be fun to watch. I predict 3 starting freshman that year and will be the next cycle of the Big 3 that we will get to watch for the following 4 years. I'm excited for football now, but all this talk about NCAA hoops makes me want to get crunked on RC and go to a game at the BC.

Can't wait for December 6th at 8:30 CST.