Tuesday, September 23, 2008

More on the Dallas vs. Green Bay game

Don't know if any of you had a chance to read this, but I read some interesting thoughts about the game on js through a Q&A with Leroy Butler.

1. While the game was not very close in the end, we have to remember that we were missing 3 out of 4 starters in the secondary for most of the game. Likely due to this, we gave up the big run to Felix Jones (poor angle taken by the safety whoever he is), and the 2 big passes to that nobody receiver with 8 career receptions going into the game. That being said, if our starters play throughout....the game may have had a completely different outcome. Unfortunately it looks like Harris is OFY so the secondary could be a glaring weakness from here on out considering the lack of depth we have in that department (that is a whole different and touchy subject and should be discussed a different day).

2. What I found most interesting about this was that Leroy said after watching the 2 QB's play side by side for an entire game, he feels that ARodg is the better quarterback. I was surprised by this at first, but the more I thought about it and the points that he was making regarding this made a lot of sense. It would be interesting to see how Romo would play without so much fire power.

9 comments:

Devil's Threesome said...

Romo didn't impress me. You can't throw a pick in the end zone and he got damn lucky on that last touchdown pass. I liked how he eluded the rush, but that's it. Marion Barber, though, that is one bad mother------.

Rubie Q said...

Wasn't impressed by Romo either. Witten, on the other hand, is a fucking animal. I told D3S before the game that Witten would be the difference. We don't have anybody who can cover him one-on-one (not that many other teams have someone who can). Having Owens to stretch the defenses and Witten to find the soft spots in the middle and up the seam is devastating.

And I agree with the assessment that Barber is a beast. He runs angry.

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

And who has Barber on their fantasy team? That's me. I messed up a lot of drafts with that pick. And now SB'sTG and Moongoose are trying to get him from me. Somehow my team is 2-1, so I can't give him up yet.

I agree with the points above. It was really funny watching Romo come off the field after they scored rushing touchdowns. Even that big one that Felix broke. He was just walking over with his head down. Be happy for your team and show some enthusiasm. I do like Rodgers even more after that game.

Rubie Q said...

Oh yeah? Who had Darren McFadden on the bench when he rushed for 160 yards and a touchdown two weeks ago? And who had Ronnie Brown on the bench when he scored five touchdowns this weekend? That's right. Me, baby. Me.

I will now light myself on fire.

Moongoose McQueen said...

Add me to the list for wanting him at 9.

Rubie, obviously you have too many choices at RB and it isn't working out so well for you. You really should give me one or two of them for your own piece of mind. It wouldn't bother me in the least. That's the helpful type of guy I am!

Moongoose McQueen said...

Oh, and I think your issue with the respective "expert" rankings for Barber and Jackson is those were likely based on league scoring that wasn't so blatently weighted towards TDs like ours is. No love for players who can rack up the yards in our house, apparently. Time to start Michael Pittman on my team!

Devil's Threesome said...

Marion Barber is Samuel L Jackson in Pulp Fiction. He's the last mother------ you want in the diner you are about the rob.

Marion Barber is heretofore known as the "mother------" until he is out of the league in about 16 months.

Can we start an over/under on the number of starts he has left in his career? He runs too hard to stick around.

Rubie Q said...

I'll drink to that. And everybody who demanded I take a shot for Willie Parker because he only scored two touchdowns last year can have a shot of my man-spunk.

Get well soon, Willie. I miss you.

EMoney said...

Yeah, I give Barber no more than two additional years. If he keeps this up for even that long, he is going to acquire what Bill Cosby refers to as "THE BRAIN DAMAGE!"