Tuesday, September 9, 2008

OK, now I'm angry!

According to Ned Yost, they need to "keep grinding until we catch some breaks (get lucky) and have things go our way".

So if I'm reading this correctly, the team that is leading the wild card and was one of the hottest teams in July/August needs to rely on luck to make it to the post season? Is that what this has boiled down to? Ned himself has lost enough confidence in his players (or his coaching) that he feels shear chance is what we are going to need to put us over the top. Really? Unbelievable! How about instead of stroking their head and patting them on the back when they do something wrong, kick them in the ass a little! They are men, not 8 year old boys on a little league team. I am sick and tired of his spineless attitude and approach to the game. I hope that we can someday have a real leader at the helm. Hek, I'll take Ozzie Guillen at this point. He's crazy but at least he makes people accountable for their play. Am I the only one that thinks like this?

8 comments:

Rubie Q said...

This is par for the course for King Ned. You know who he reminds me of? The guy in "Office Space" who has to convince the two Bobs that he's actually doing something at work. With every word King Ned says, this fucking idiot is ARGUING AGAINST HIS CONTINUING EMPLOYMENT.

If we just need to throw the same line-up out there every day and cross our fingers that something good happens, there's no reason to have a manager.

The ONLY good thing about the Collapse is that Ned is gone next year. There can't be any debate about this. When they miss the playoffs after choking down the stretch AGAIN, he's toast.

EMoney said...

I don't know. I have a feeling that he will be back regardless of the finish to the season.

Rubie Q said...

Two quick reasons he won't be back:

(1) Two years in a row, two comfortable leads, and two epic bed-crappings. I firmly believe that a team takes its personality from its manager, and this team plays so fucking tight in September that it's almost comical. That falls on King Ned.

(2) We are going to be a MUCH different team next year. No CC, no Sheets, completely revamped bullpen, Weeks and Hall traded (please God), Escobar and Gamel playing key roles, etc.

I think the primary reason King Ned wasn't fired last year -- despite the fact that there was every reason in the world to can him -- was that The Powers That Be wanted to give him a chance with "his guys," guys who came through the system while he was the manager. Well, we're not playing with "his guys" next year.

We're getting an infusion of new blood next year. Let's purge the Yost infection completely.

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

I know I'm in the minority here, but I want to give Weeks one more chance. I know it's crazy and I know you all want to yell at me, but he eventually has to be somewhat consistent. I say trade Prince and Hall (nobody will take that contract though... we'll be paying on that) and let Escobar play short, Hardy at third and have Gamel play first.

We then have this
Weeks
Hardy
Braun
Gamel
Hart
Kendall
Escobar
Cameron (worth it? we are getting what we expected and why not have him as a veteran leader)

Who knows though.

Rubie Q said...

I ask this in all earnestness:

What have you seen from Rickie Weeks that gives you ANY indication that he eventually will be a consistently solid ballplayer?

Devil's Threesome said...

Huh? Gamel batting cleanup? We're hosed if we are depending on him in the 4 hole. He really struggled in the second half.

We need to bring Cameron back. Prince should be trade bait, not sure what we can get for him, but he needs to leave, pronto.

Weeks better be fucking gone, or at least lose his starting job.

EMoney said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

I didn't mean to have Gamel batting 4th. I was just listing players.

I can't explain my irrational love of Weeks.