Saturday, September 13, 2008

Painfully obvious

After watching the 1st game and 1 inning of game two, it has become painfully obvious how superior the Phillies really are compared to the Crew. A lineup of Rollins, Utley, Werth, Howard, Burrell, Victorino....my lord. 3 potential MVP candidates every year. Aside from Howard they all put the ball in play consistently, and even though Howard strikeouts out a ton, when he puts it in play he hits the shit out of it. And what I used to think was a superior starting staff has deteriorated leaving one legit guy in CC. 5-0 in the 2nd with Hamels on the hill. This game is over. This series is over. This season is over. I can't see how the team will be able to flip the switch at this point. The momentum has swung completely away from us and with our inability to hit the ball I can't see how we can consistently score to win some ball games. The only positive that I can take out of this whole thing is that Ned Yost will likely get canned and we can start over again. Maybe this post will ginx Hamels outing and they will be able to steal this game.

3 comments:

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

No such luck on switching Hamels game there money. Good try though. I'm still holding out hope, I'm sure I'm the last one. It has become incredibly hard to watch any game. Even when they are winning I cringe.

I love this team, but damn. Just stop.

Devil's Threesome said...

Can someone turn out the lights when it's over? I can turn them back on for MU b-ball season.

EMoney said...

The sick thing is I torture myself by continuing to watch them play these games. I must be some sort of masochist. I'm holding onto that glimmer of hope that lays in that 2 game lead yet. Maybe that Braun HR yesterday will turn him around.