Sunday, September 28, 2008

Playoffs...

What an incredible day? Flipping between the Mets game on TBS and the Brewers, I really wish I was at Miller Park even SRO. Oh well I've got Saturday to look forward to now. I can't believe we made the playoffs today I really thought it would come down to tomorrow. The Van Lith plan for the playoffs worked out perfectly. Have a little time tonight to mull over the playoff roster and here is what I've come up with. Hopefully I've understood the playoff roster rules correctly.

Infielders:
Fielder
Weeks
Durham
Hardy
Counsel
Hall

Outfielders:
Braun
Cameron
Hart



Catchers:
Kendall
Rivera

Pithcers:
Sabathia
Bush
Suppan
Gallardo
Shouse
Torres
Mota
Gagne
Villanueva
Parra
McClung


OK so that's 22. We probably need another position player or 2. So either Kapler/Gywnn and maybe Joe Dillon. Or maybe we can replace Riske who went on the dl in September with Coffey. Or maybe Stetter for that last spot.

Pitching Rotation:

Game 1: Dave Bush-He's been pretty solid in the month of September
Game 2: CC on 3 days rest again
Game 3: Gallardo
Game 4: Soup with McClung ready in the pen or maybe Bush back on short rest
Game 5: CC on normal rest.

3 comments:

EMoney said...

Is it too late to trade Corey Hart? He seems to be anti-clutch this month. At this point, our 6-9 hitters are virtually worthless. They are going to need to step up if we want to compete with Philadelphia's potent offense.

I still can't believe we made it in! I'm ecstatic! If we can manage to win game 1 I will feel extremely confident in winning the series. Not only would we beat their ace, but that would also give Sabathia 2 outings to get us to 3 wins. I wonder who man genius Svuem is going to start at 2nd and 3rd to start the series. I'd like to see Counsell at 3rd and even though he struggles in the field, I like Weeks. Durham's warning track power isn't going to cut it for an entire playoff series, and while he can give us good at bats I would prefer to see him come off the bench late in games when we need a clutch at bat or for defensive purposes. Holy Shit we are discussing playoff rosters! I luv it

EMoney said...

Also, I like JJ and Corey batting at the top better. I think they both have better at bats when they are hitting in front of Braun and Prince. Especially with the slump that Hart is in, I wonder if Dale should move him up to #2. He would see better pitches, but he needs to lay off those low sliders that he is such a sucker for.

Softball's Tony Gwynn said...

he's not going to change anything now that we are in the playoffs. if its a righty its counsel and durham if its lefty its Weeks and Hall. Cammy lead off, durham/hall 2nd, weeks/counsel 7th.