Monday, September 29, 2008

Quick Thoughts on Yesterday

I had a shitty day on Saturday, Brewers lose, Mets win and Nebraska still looks like Bill Callahan is coaching. We gave up 36 points at home to a hapless VT offense. How many will Missoura score on us? Fuck, fuck, fuckity fuck!!

But, I woke up a new man on Sunday. I knew it, just absolutely knew we'd win the Wild Card yesterday. It was just like last year for the Mets and I knew they would choke. I was so confident that I bought a bottle of champagne at Pick N Save.

From high atop my perch, 24 rows up in 407, I was getting a bit nervous after a couple innings. Reid even sent me a nervous text, but the Crew was only down one run and chances were good that one of the Cubs' carousel of relievers would cough up the lead.

The only sad thing is that I missed Braun hitting the ball. I was looking up in the rafters as stadium personnel were setting up for the celebration.

The champagne was fantastic in the parking lot!! All I have time for now, but finally in the playoffs!!!!

12 comments:

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

I have no idea why I'm at work today. I'm so tired and possibly a little hungover from an entire weekend of baseball (not drinking hungover, but that wouldn't be a shock at this point either).

We are in the playoffs. It still hasn't soaked in yet. I am all smiles and I can't read enough about us.

Enjoy the ride and... I told you so. I'm glad my faith in this team finally paid off.

Softball's Tony Gwynn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
EMoney said...

No I told u so's here boys. My attitude did a complete 180 once we had a competent manager running the team. Not to mention, I didn't think the Mets were going to fold worse than we did. That team might be officially cursed. It's a shame they go out and spend $150-$200 mil and can't make the playoffs. Poor Jerry Seinfeld

FPMKE said...

I was actually excited to get of bed and go to work this morning.
1) Made the playoffs
2) Beat the Cubs
3) Looking forward to positive Brew Crew talk on the Buffet.

Devil's Threesome said...

yeah, no fucking i-told-you-so's. Who gave up at the game in Wrigley? Ahem SBTG. Who came through with yesterday's prophetic text message? Ahem D3some

Softball's Tony Gwynn said...

what do you mean I gave up on them? all praise to D3some for a positive text message.

Devil's Threesome said...

You said it was over when we went to extras, I said we would win. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

EMoney said...

Something funny - I was watching Real Tree Outdoors before the Sunday morning sportscenter came on, and who gets a celebrity appearance while whitetail hunting in Canada? It was the Milwaukee Brewers manager Ned Yost. I couldn't help myself and while no one was there to hear me I had to correct them and say X-Brewers manager. He'll have an extra long hunting season this year. Am I harsh for finding the humor in this? I mean espn shows this the day the Brewers clinch the wild card and its 2 weeks after his unprecedented firing. I love irony.

Softball's Tony Gwynn said...

so i gave up on them because I didn't think they'd win the Cubs game in extras. I believe what VaJayJay is referring to is the fact that he didn't give up on the Brewers over the past month when a lot of other people where writing them off with a week or so left.

Rubie Q said...

I will accept any "I-told-you-so's" that are hurled in my direction. For the sake of my health and my sanity, I stopped watching this team three weeks ago. I admittedly pronounced them dead following the Reds game on September 8 (I think).

All this serving as proof, once again, that I complain a lot without knowing what I'm talking about. I'll go to my corner now and sit quietly.

Devil's Threesome said...

It's all right Rubie, the playoff Buffet spread is even better. Eclairs! Champagne! Filet Mignon!

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

I didn't mean to make it sound like a bad I told you so or really one at all. I didn't mean it that way. Sorry.

I'm to happy right now to think about any of that stuff. I just never jumped off on this team. I got frustrated, but didn't jump off.