Friday, September 26, 2008

The Ryan Braun 'Real Mensch' Club


mensch or mensh (mnsh)
n. pl. mensch·es or mensch·en (mnshn) Informal
A person having admirable characteristics, such as fortitude and firmness of purpose.

After Brauny's first Major League grand slam... a game winner at that... and with the definition of 'Mensch' at the front of your mind, I propose a new club to bring pride back to the small group of Brewers players who deserve our support and recognition: The Ryan Braun "Real Mensch" Club.

First member: Ryan Braun

Credentials:
1) 10th innning grand slam with 2 outs is the clutch performance his team needed to keep their post season hopes alive.
2) After signing a large contract, immediately praised the organization and subtly called out some of his less gracious teammates (Yes Prince, I think he meant you).
3) Has not shyed away from the role of team leader and has been fearless in the face of media-types.
4) .286 AVG/ 36 HR/ 104 RBI/ 14 SB

I open the floor to support of this new club and further nominations.

4 comments:

Rubie Q said...

Hmm. An interesting proposition. I see pros and cons:

(1) Playing through obvious injury -- he's practically grimacing every time he follows through on his swing.

(2) .198, 1 homer, 5 RsBI in September before last night ... so maybe playing through injury isn't really that great of an idea.

(3) On the other hand, if he wasn't playing, it'd be Tony Gwynn out there in left field. Motherfucker.

So I'm torn.

FPMKE said...

Rubie, if you're going to be such a negatice Nancy, I can rename it The Ryan Braun 'I am a greedy Jew' Club.

Cut the guy some slack, he's injured man and somehow managed to keep the sand out of his va jay jay.

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

This is great since I suggested this club about 2 months or so ago when the "I am a man" club was in full swing.

I am for it. We just need Kapler healthy now.

Hartmut said...

After Brauny's first Major League grand slam... clutchbraun.blogspot.com