Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thank you Cubs!

I can't believe I'm saying that, but it's not very often that the playoff lives of the Brewers are very much dependent on how the Cubs play. Not since 1992 have I been as wrapped up in a non-Brewer non-playoff game in September. With the slim 1 game of separation between the Mets and Crew in the wild card, CC on the mound for the Crew, Zambrano for the Cubs, and a cool crisp September night, playoff electricity was definitely in the air.....and I was 400+miles away from all the action. With the Brewers taking care of their bus. I couldn't help but stay up past my bed time (damn I'm gettin old) to see what was going to happen with the game in New York. And the game did not disappoint! Not only did the Cubs win in extras, but to get out of that jam in the bottom of the ninth with a man on 3rd and no out was something special in itself. Damn, I wish I was in "the good land" right now! Today is going to be big for us with the first appearance by Gallardo in 5 months. It would be HUGE if we could go into the weekend with a 1 game advantage. I would feel much better if we had a game of breathing room when we face the Cubs, considering the big question mark of a starting staff that we are throwing together at this point. GO CREW!

2 comments:

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

This is awesome. I really had the "this could happen" feeling leaving the ballpark last night. I stuck around in the control room to watch the 10th of the Cubs/Mets affair. After I saw Lee drive in Theriot I felt good. Then Ramirez hit that bomb. I thought he only did that against us?! Let's get a solid start (5 innings) out of Gallardo and have him not get hurt. Harden pitches lights out and we go into a three-game set against the Cubs one up. Holy crap. Holy crap.

Softball's Tony Gwynn said...

the best was the post game presser with Dale on Brewers live. they must have had the game on a tv to his left cuz he was answering questions and would always look awkwardly to his left. Then Ramirex hit the homer and someone from the press said...two run homer for Cubs and Dale said "Awesome...that a way Ram".