Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Brett Favre is on drugs.

A story just came out a little bit ago about Brett Favre, quarterback for the New York Jets, calling young Tony Romo, quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, and talking to him about his broken pinky.  There are so many things to talk about with this story.

Point 1:  What if this happened to Aaron Rodgers? You know, the guy that "studied" under the gunslinger for a few years.  Maybe Brett would send him a text message.  Maybe.  I doubt that he would call him and tell him to put a splint on it and play thru the pain to keep his streak going.  That brings us to the second point.

Point 2:  Brett told Romo that he should try to wear a splint and play thru the pain.  What?  This is a broken pinky.  Yeah, Favre did it with a broken thumb, but the man is a freak of nature and cannot be explained by current science.  He does say that all injuries are different, but he thinks Romo is a tough young kid.  Back to point 1, would he ever tell Rodgers to do that?  I doubt it.  I don't know any of the parties involved personally, but I doubt it.

Point 3:  This is where we get to the part that proves Favre is on drugs.  This is an exact quote from the ESPN.com article, "I will say this: Not only do I think he's tough, but I think he's also one of the top five players in the entire league."  Wow.  I'm speechless.  You are telling me that Brett Favre thinks that Tony Romo is really one of the top FIVE players in the entire league.  He didn't just say one of the top players, he said one of the top FIVE players in the ENTIRE league.  Wow.  Let's see some players that Favre thinks Romo is better than.  LDT.  Possibly in a vicodin induced haze.  Randy Moss.  The dude is good and Favre loves him, so he is up there.  I'm sure Favre includes himself on the list, so that makes four top players.  Who else would Favre put in there?  Peyton Manning?  Tom Brady?  Marion Barber?  Adrian Peterson?  I'd really like to know who is on that list, but this has given me a headache.

I guess New York does have pretty good drugs.  Glad he found them early in his time there.

Here is the link... read at your own risk.   
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3643335

No comments: