Tuesday, October 7, 2008

MU Hoops!

Midnight Madness is only a few weeks away, not that I will be attending (unfortunately), but it indicates how close to the season we actual are. FYI, single game tickets go on sale October 18th, and season tickets get dropped in the mail on October 27th. Hell Yes!

Word on the street is that only 1 '09 recruit will be attending - some 6'9" serbian or russian.....wherever he is from he alledgedly is the prototypical big foreign white guy that can shoot and pass really well for his size. So I guess that means he's anywhere from Ryan Amoroso to Toni Kukoc. That would be an interesting addition to our team.

No word on Michael Snaer's decision as he has yet to visit UCLA and Kansas in the next month or so. While we may not look like the front runner considering the schools that we are competing with (not to mention his prospect ranking), the overall impression that he left with after the visit seemed to be very positive according to his interview with Rosiak on the JS. I think he took away some of the more positive aspects about choosing Marquette including 1. the Al McGuire center - outstanding facility in a downtown location (they have a hyperbaric workout chamber for christ's sake!) 2. Work ethic and toughness - see Jerel McNeal. So while I wouldn't put money on him choosing Marquette, I think that there's a legitimate shot at this point. What a class that would be!

6 comments:

FPMKE said...

Is $ single-handedly keeping this blog alive?

I wanted to post something about Tan Tommy being a whiny bitch but I've been kind of busy.

Rubie Q said...

Yes, E$ has been designated Editor, Reporter, Columnist, and Cartoonist for the foreseeable future. I'm trying to write an account of the game on Saturday, but work got in the way. That, and I'm lazy.

FPMKE said...

Hence Rubie Q. pic... nice work fat ass.

EMoney said...

Damn right! I know I have more stamina than all y'all but I didn't think everyone would drop out this quickly. I figured that either everyone was depressed after the Brewers were knocked out, or my additions to the QB were so horrendous that I drove everyone away. Plus with the NBA starting up again, i imagine everyone will by dying to read my daily thoughts regarding what's going on throughout the Association.

Softball's Tony Gwynn said...

that reminds me...is it time for a fantasy basketball draft?

EMoney said...

Yes, yes it is Scott. Provided that you select Brian Cardinal at some point. And I'm sure Chayce is chomping at the bit as basketball is his favorite of all the fantasy games.....unless you include Dungeons and Dragons.