Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Worst in the Majors?

From SI.com's Truth and Rumors:
A group that tracks every ball hit in the majors says Derek Jeter is the worst fielder in baseball. Stats guru Bill James, author of the "Baseball Abstract," and a panel of nine other voters, ranked Jeter 22nd among all major-league shortstops, with one calling Jeter "the least effective defensive player in the major leagues, at any position."
Hmm. I know a certain portly first baseman who'd like a word with these folks.

6 comments:

Softball's Tony Gwynn said...

that's horse shit!

don't believe them.

FPMKE said...

Interesting factoid of the day, I actually know who Bill James is as the result of playing Trivial Pursuit over the weekend.

I would have to agree with SBTG, I think that has to be horse shit. Rickie Weeks and Fielder both come to mind.

On a side note, never play Trivial Pursuit with vets of the Iraq or Afghan wars. When they weren't shooting or dodging bullets, they were memorizing Trivial Pursuit questions.

Rubie Q said...

Oh, I'm sorry. We were looking for MOOPS, not Moors.

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

I guess I don't get the whole Fez from that 70's show tag. What am I missing?

Rubie Q said...

Prince loves candy. Like Fez.

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

Oh. Okay. Now I get it. The candy angle.