Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Those are good burgers, Walter.

I'm interrupting the usual sports-banter and Sly-bashing to write a review on the new burger joint I tried: Five Guys Burgers and Fries. This place just opened yesterday about a block from my office and I ate there twice today.

The extensive menu offers burgers, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and vegetarian something... all with different vairations and optional fresh-cut fries. The kicker is that they have free peanuts in the shell for you snack on while waiting or to have as an additional side. The plan was to only have dinner there with the lady-friend who had been dying to try their burgers but then the boss-man invited me to lunch; couldn't say no to the guy who signs my paycheck.

So for lunch I had the Bacon Cheese Dog (Bacon up that sausage, boy). I love bacon and I really love bacon on my hot dogs (this is my major concern with the Dog House). My only complaint was that the cheese could use some improvement as it was only a slice of American Cheese... I would have preferred some cheddar or fake cheese. The nice part was that they split the hot dog length-wise and then used it to to hold down two strips of crispy bacon. For those of you that enjoy citing my "scrawny ass", I assure you that I have the arteries of a 65 year old.

For dinner I had the Little Bacon Cheeseburger. Why Little? Because the regular is two patties my friends and at the early dinner time of 5:15 I just was NOT feeling a full size. While this was no Sobelman's or Fred's Burger, it was definitely delicious and, again, the bacon was nice and crispy.

Speaking of Sly, I checked this place out with him prior to going as there is one in Pewaukee. While Sly had not been, he did pass along that there was also one in Madison and that the White Sox Fan had vouched for it. As you all know from the days of Louie D's, the White Sox Fan loves a good burger.

2 comments:

Devil's Threesome said...

I saw it along State Street. I don't eat in Madison because I don't trust those Pinkos. I'll have to try it out my next time in FP.

Also, don't conflict Sheets' Va Jay Jay - he's holding silent vigil in anticipation of first Sonic in Milwaukee...or West Milwaukee.

FPMKE said...

I drive over to liberal OP to get my free Peanuts.

Sheets' Va Jay Jay should clean the sand out of his vag, suck it up, and drive to Five Guys in Pewaukee. The Sonic will open soon enough... he shouldn't deprive himself of delicious burgers in the interim.