Award No. 5 is a relative newcomer. It's the 'Please Kirby, Don't Hurt 'Em' Memorial Award, a.k.a. The Best Line In DJ's Awe-Inspiring "IT'S NOT MY GODDAMN FAULT" Post:
(1) "It’s not my fucking fault that when a new stadium was finally approved, those fucking idiots didn’t want to put a fucking roof on it (at least no one ever suggested using the old Baggie out in right field as the roof)." (Note the excellent and repeated use of 'fucking' as an adjective. Rubie heartily fucking approves of this.)
(2) "It’s not my fault Minnesotans don’t know how to enjoy a baseball game like god almighty D3some does." (Say this about Sly: he's a man a few words, but when he hits, dude hits HARD.)
(3) "It's not my fault Favre wanted to play in Minnesota." (I included this one only because DJ had "Favre" spelled as "Farve" in his original post. But he fixed it. This level of devotion to craft is sorely lacking on this blog.)
(4) "The Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome is not my fault." (A very, very strong contender.)
(5) "It’s not my fault Paul’s plane crashed." (As someone who lived in Minneapolis for three years, and saw firsthand the bizarre worship of the late Paul Wellstone -- you can't drive a city block without seeing eight "WELLSTONE!" bumper stickers -- this one has special meaning for me.)
Your nominees. Discuss.