Monday, December 22, 2008

My GD Beer Froze... my nuts too


Monday Night Football on the Miller Lite Deck... awesome but extremely cold. At game time 7 degrees with a -12 wind chill. My issues with the cold temp started when I obtained my first beer and proceeded to make fun of the A-hole next to me who had given up on a half frozen beer and left it on a ledge... sad and pathetic. It was about two sips into my own beer that I realized ice crystals were forming on my Miller Lite. My new goal was to finish my beer prior to it reaching full freeze so I didn't get any lip. The Titanic beer was cold and the crystals burned my throat on the way down. Ultimately, I think I finished 10.5 of the 12 ounces before giving up on the frozen remains.

A very strong crowd given the temperature. A good number of Packer fans respresenting on the Miller Deck. It was classic to hear them harass the Bears fans at the half. It was also at this point that I realized wearing my tennis shoes rather than boots was a horrendous idea. I retired to the nearest bar for slightly warmer beers and frost-bite prevention (read: I'm a big cold pussy). It was at this bar that I learned that hispanics do not like Aaron Rodgers.

Did anyone see how big Alex Brown's hands are? It looked like an oversized tennis racket batting down that field goal attempt.

3 comments:

Rubie Q said...

Why didn't you bring a flask in? Could have irished up a hot cocoa for your date -- you would have been a hit.

FPMKE said...

The lady was in charge of bringing the flask. She brought blackberry brandy because she hear "that's what Wisconsin people drink to keep warm"

On a side note, when I suggested that peppermint schnaaps would have made a good hot cocoa additive her response was "yeah, but schnaaps doesn't have a high enough alcohol content".

Rubie Q said...

Ohhhh, you've got a keeper there. Good work.