Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow day thoughts...

One of the best parts about being a teacher are snow days.  I love snow days.  Teachers love snow days way more than students do.  Sure I would have loved to have gotten that math test in before Christmas break, but I'd much rather sit at home, sleep in, and check out www.redtube.com (NSFW).  While being up for a few hours and watching TMJ4 for that entire time (I have one of those fancy DTV boxes in my room since we only have satellite and not cable at the house) I have decided to compile my thoughts on this Friday.

1. I really can't figure out why I suck so much at fantasy sports.  D3S asked this question of me before and I don't know why.  I guess I don't draft very smart.  I seem to pick players I like in the some rounds rather than taking the smart pick.  I'm sure some will also bring up the trade I made this year that people hated.  It wasn't a fire sale.  I traded points for points.  If you don't like that, well then you don't.  Stop bringing it up in social situations.  I just might cry next time.  I will point out thought that I did finish second last year.  Thankyouverymuch.

2. I've come to peace with the Marquette loss on Tuesday. Yeah it sucked.  The refs didn't lose the game for us, but they took us out of our game plan.  I think it was a good learning experience for our coach.  It also further went to prove that Higgins must die a horrible and painful death.  Preferably while officiating a Marquette game, at home, at center court (okay... that was harsh.  I'm sorry).

3. Have all radio stations in Milwaukee gone crazy?  First Lazer changes to the Hog.  Gay.  Seriously, they think they are all edgy now with those ignore the rules billboards and queer looking pig mascot?  Apparently 10 year-old-boys are running the station... wait, no.  10-year-old boys have better taste.  Now, 94.5 has changed to "The Lake".  The tagline is, "What will we play next?"  The commercial is even worse.  Some chubby guy (and I can call him that because I am a chubby guy) tells us he has a radio station in his finger (or something like that).  He then holds up fingers that play awful songs (well one of them was Prince... game, blouses).  What are these stations thinking?  No wonder I don't listen to them anymore (except for Homer because that is really the only time I have where I can stand someone on the radio).

4. It must really suck to be a low-level TV personality in Milwaukee.  I'm fully into hour 3 of watching TMJ4.  These people have been on non-stop since like 4 A.M.  That is crazy.  The worst part is they are forced to do a lot of improv.  This improv really isn't that good.  I don't hold it against them because what else are they supposed to do.  It must also suck to be the weekend people.  Not only do they have to work the rest of the weekend, but they are sent out to the far corners of the viewing area to stand in an empty parking lot telling everyone not to go out because it is crappy outside.  And to top it off, they get paid crap and TV in Milwaukee pretty much sucks.

5. I kind of want the Packers to lose to the Lions.  That is a horrible thing to say, but I want it to happen so maybe they will consider firing Thompson and McCarthy.  I know neither will happen so I take my previous statement back.  We better beat the Lions or I might just lose my mind.

That's all I've got for now.  I'll end with a challenge.  Kenosha Mustache, if you read this, make a comment.  Your double-secret probation is no longer secret.  Rubie will move swiftly when he removes you.

5 comments:

FPMKE said...

Who the hell is Kenosha Mustache?

Side note: Tequila is not my friend. Worst hangover ever!

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

I'm not surprised you don't know who it is. He is a guy from college that hails from Kenosha and surprisingly enough cannot grow a mustache.

Devil's Threesome said...

He's also very slow and likes to regale everyone with poker stories, whether you are interested or not.

Don't talk to me Kenosha Mustache!

EMoney said...

I don't know whether I'm jealous that you got to stay home from work today....or not jealous at all because you have taken god's gift of a snow day and watched 3 straight hours of TMJ4. Ok, I'm jealous.

Go make a snow angel or something!

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

I would be outside playing in the snow if I wasn't on damn crutches again. Stupid Lisa Loeb ankle. I'm a walking calamity.