Thursday, December 11, 2008

Time to move on

So now that CC is out of the picture(......and I suppose we can axe Ben Sheets as well), what's next for the organization. As I stated in the last post, I think that we still have to make a couple of moves here....at least 1 starter and 1 good closer. Melvin confirmed my thoughts in a js article and said pretty much the same thing.....depth in the starting rotation and a closer. So what's everyone's opinion on the remaining free agents? It sounds like Melvin is interested in Brian Fuentes, but it sounds like he is looking for 2-3 years at 10mil+ per year. I suppose we don't have many options left, but it will be nice to no longer have the contracts of CC, Sheets, and Cameron weighing us down. If they were willing to go 6 years for CC at ~22 mil/year, are they also willing to go after someone like AJ Burnett or Derek Lowe? It should be interesting.

Also, what does everyone think about Melky Cabrera?

No comments: