Monday, December 1, 2008

Why I'm Not Worried

Ok, the other side of DT3 comes out. The Dayton game was ugly, but here are some thoughts on why we shouldn't panic:
  • Lazar had his worst game in 2 years with 5 points and 8 boards. We know that's an aberration
  • Dom looked really good outside of the free throw shooting. Something like 19 with 8 assists and 5 boards
  • This was Dayton's Super Bowl and they were pumped up to play their highest rated opponent all year
  • Our bench will be bolstered with the return of Otule and Fulce
  • Remember Winthrop and ND State? Those games were at home against much worse teams and we still had solid years
  • Dayton looked solid and could have a big year in the A-10

5 comments:

Charlie Weis's Gunt said...

Plus, last time we lost to Dayton we went on to the Final 4....

Zone Defense is for Pussies said...

yeah but we didn't win the Great Alaska shootout last year...

in regards to your comments I agree with just about all of them. I thought I got a text saying how much dayton sucked Friday night. oh well. i know its just a poll but we fell 10 spots out of the Coaches poll...seems drastic to me! should get back in after we thrash Bucky!

oh and regarding the barrage of text messages...Reid and I were just looking for something to entertain us until the game was over...sorry! from all the reports I've read I'm glad I didn't waste my $$ on that second rate tourney!

Devil's Threesome said...

I think it was money well spent. Never will I be able to sit courtside for $55. The seats were awesome.

Dayton did suck Friday night - they went 0-24 from three. Yet, our defensive game plan didn't include daring them to shoot.

Zone Defense is for Pussies said...

where did you get tickets for $55? directly from MU? i thought upper deck tix were $37 and it went up from there.

Devil's Threesome said...

They tickets were online. I avoided the MU tickets b/c I didn't want to be pushed up from the floor if higher level donors attended the games. They actually reduced ticket prices to $10 for Saturday's game.