Monday, December 29, 2008

Winner No. 2:

Of the esteemed ... fuck it, I ain't typing the whole thing again. Liedl's Bronzed Shrimp No. 2 is ...

Underreaction of the Year, a.k.a. the "Stand By Your Man" award, a.k.a. the Iraqi Minister of Information and Propaganda "We Have Skewered the American Soldiers Like the Pig-Dogs They Are!" Memorial award:

Goes to the Eternal Optimist Duo of Sheets' Va Jay Jay and SB's Tony Gwynn.

During the Near Collapse of '08, these two were like Frodo and Sam at the end of Return of the King, alone on an island of hope when the whole fucking world was exploding around them. (Goddammit if that's not another Lord of the Rings reference. I might need to seek help.) Especially memorable was SB's TG's short-lived countdown of the Brewers' magic number to clinch the wild card. That lasted all of ... two days.

Also memorable was this post, and the comments following, where the Va Jay Jay bathed in his comeuppance and (rightly) skewered me for jumping ship. Good stuff.

1 comment:

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

I was lost on the whole Lord of the Rings thing. Once I figured it out and looked up stuff at IMDB I started to get it.

Nice post.