Amidst the Old Fashioneds on Saturday, I believe I watched most of a basketball game involving Marquette and Providence. Somehow, despite the following occurrences:
(1) Burke and Hazel played, combined, about 5 minutes.
(2) Someone who looked an awful lot like Joe Fulce saw double-digit minutes.
(3) Mo Acker played 17 minutes, including most of the second half.
(4) Geoff "Don't Call Me Dylan" McDermott grabbed 17 boards.
(5) 'Rel, all by his lonesome, missed six throws.
(6) Jeff Xavier's brother coming dangerously close to re-enacting the opening scene from The Last Boy Scout. (Also: where do I put in my application to be a security guard for the Dunkin' Donuts Center? Seems to be a pretty easy job. "Excuse me, sir. Sir? Sir? You shouldn't be out there. Sir? Please? OK, let's go have a juice box. You want a juice box? Sure you do.")
(7) Half the crew appeared in need of an IV or four at halftime.
... Marquette still managed to win.
So, um ... how'd that happen?