Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The fine people at Sonic...

and their Advertising/PR need to be recognized for being an outstanding unit.

A few weeks ago I sent someone at Sonic an email inquiring about the opening of Sonic resaurants here in our great city of Milwaukee. I had not heard back until this morning.

The person I emailed at Sonic had sent my email to the Advertising/PR firm after she discovered it in her spam (good to know that Sonic's email filter is up to par. I would spam me too). I then received a very nice email about my inquiry.

They are very excited (as am I) to be opening the new restaurant in West Milwaukee. She even checked out our blog and noticed that we have talked about this event and Sonic in the past. Not only did she thank us for doing that, but she also wants to send a MYSONIC card to me to have us head over there. How awesome is that?!

I know that I will be there on opening day and I plan to file a full report. The only question is... who's coming with me?

And seriously, the people at Sonic are fricken awesome. What other corporate giant (not sure if they are a giant, but they are in my book) would respond like this and offer to send free stuff.

Thank you people of Sonic.

19 comments:

Devil's Threesome said...

I am in. I'm sure she was fucking HORRIFIED by this blog. Just look at the contributors names - 3 colloquial terms for the vaginal area and another for a deviant sexual act. Not to mention rampant hate mongering against a certain burrowing rodent.

Rubie Q said...

She read the blog?

Oh boy.

I'm in for Sonic.

FPMKE said...

I wish I lived closer so I could enjoy the opening of Sonic. I've never been and it sounds delicious.

I can't believe that some lady read our blog.

Did anyone notice that we officially have a Buffet Eater?

EMoney said...

Who?

Rubie Q said...

It's just the "Baffoon." Don't get too excited.

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

There was someone else thought that was not one of us. Forget who it was.

KL Snow said...

Now, if only the food at Sonic was any good...

Rubie Q said...

Oh, and also: what's a MYSONIC card?

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

It's a gift card. Maybe one of those rechargeable ones. We could keep recharging it and use it as a prize for great posts or contests.

Ice Fishing with Kirby said...

Count me in for breakfast or lunch, I am heading up to FDL to have dinner with the Dieners that night.

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

I will probably only be able to do dinner or breakfast at 6 A.M. when they open.

Rubie Q said...

Kirby -- was that a serious statement?

EMoney said...

Sheets - I suggest using it during the Louisville trip

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

You are a smart man E$.

Between Skyline and more Sonic, I'm not even thinking about all the booze... okay, maybe I am.

Reid You Animal! said...

Hmmm.... the Mrs. is going out of town on the 24th, whatever shall I do for dinner that night?? WAIT, I KNOW!!!!

Ice Fishing with Kirby said...

Rubie - I am heading up to FDL that night and the Dieners may or may not be there. Not confirmed 100 %, chances are, probably not.

You are a Baffoon said...

JUST the Baffoon...eh?? Pound Sand Rubie Q!! I've actually never been to Sonic, but their artery-clogging menu looks very delicious, perfect for post drinking activities out-of-state and now in-state. The word verification for this post is sackable...nice...

Rubie Q said...

I'm sorry, Baffoon. That came out wrong. You are so much more than "just" the Baffoon to me.

You are my light.

You are my inspiration.

You ... are the wind beneath my wings.

EMoney said...

FYI - Mr.Davis said he is interested in making the Kentucky trip. I don't know how that would all work out, but he said he might come.