- We aren't great defensively. Currently 56th in the Pomeroy defensive rankings. We have given up 50%+ shooting to Dayton (53%), NC State (51%), Providence (56%) and Georgetown (54%). A few other teams got close - Tennessee (49%), Rutgers (49%) and DePaul (45%)
- We don't have an inside presence. I know, it hasn't hurt us yet, but we have UL's front line, Blair and Thabeet to deal with coming up. Each of those teams have more weapons to hurt us than ND did
- We have no depth. We have avoided foul trouble well, but what happens if/when Jerel or Wes or Lazar exit with 2 fouls early?
- We have a negative rebound differential and we haven't played any of the bigger teams in the league yet
- Just a question - will Dom's FT shooting hurt us?
Things that are damn good:
- 4 guys who can score 20+ points in every game. That effing amazes me
- We dominate the second half. Look at Nova, WVU, ND, G'town, Providence - the seniors take over
- Only two more tricky road games - DePaul and USF. Any other road loss would be understandable
- Great 3 point shooting and overall FG % - our boys take good shots. Jerel leads the league in 3FG % at over 50%!
- Good free throw shooting. Zar leads the league at 90%! The key is to have Dom inbounds the ball in crunch time
- Maybe Jimmy has turned the corner
- A 3 (!) game lead in the race for the #4 BET seed. Holy crap! We've also beaten all three teams immediately below us in the race for the double bye
- An absolute snakepit atmosphere at the BC. Two toughest games remaining are UConn and Syracuse. We have a great chance to win both of those!
I know this was a rambling post, but I had to get some of these things off my chest.