Saturday, February 21, 2009

I love this team...

As much as some of the us like to nitpick this team to death, they sure are fun to watch. Yeah we might get out rebounded or give up to many wide open looks from 3, but when push comes to shove they show up win games. I'd be incredibly suprised if we aren't very competitive for the rest of the Big East games. We might not win them all, but I think we've got a chance to win each game. Let's enjoy the ride cuz we might not get another team that is this special.

Apparently on the post-game show they've changed the Cyganiak Planning 6th Man of the Game Award to the Jimmy Butler Cyganiak Planning 6th Man of the Game award. Dude continues to do what he needs to do when he's in the game. That catch and lay-in from Rel at the end of the game was huge.

7 comments:

Zone Defense is for Pussies said...

buzz is really fired up on the post-game...apparently they are taking apart the court for the Wiz tonight and Buzz is talking to the guys who are working when they asked him to move and he's like I don't care we'll go home we won...ha!

FPMKE said...

Good call Zone... I'm enjoying the ride. Expectations exceeded and I'm lovin' it (cue Justin Timberlake McDonald's jingle). I'm still liking our chances with Louisville and 'Cuse. And, I'll say it, feeling optimistic about UConn.

Call me metro-sexual but Buzz needs a little help with the shirt and tie combos.

EMoney said...

I know this has been Buzz' mantra all year, but from here on out it's 1 game at a time....and it starts against UConn on Wednesday. Win that game and we continue to put pressure on Villanova for that top 4 finish. Win that game and we start talking Big East title possibilities. Holy crap!

Devil's Threesome said...

I nitpick because I care Zone. Also, it makes for great conversation on here. That being said, our defense is still a fucking mess. On the upside, we looked much better in the second half. Let's carry that into the UConn game!

Rubie Q said...

Pointing out areas of legitimate deficiency is not nitpicking.

Also: I'd like it noted for the record that I remained largely even-keeled during the Georgetown game and did not repeat my epic "Start up the buses, we're packing in it" performance from the Providence roadie. And I only let, by my count, three f-bombs slip out in front of the toddler.

For me, that ain't not bad.

Zone Defense is for Pussies said...

i included us in that statement because I have my moments of nitpicking as well. nothing wrong with that...really the poing of the post was to just enjoy the hell out of the next month.

Devil's Threesome said...

I kept an even keel despite smoldering from going to work at 6:00 on a Saturday. I did get overly concerned with the Wes injury. I think I would cry (seriously) if one of the Big 3 went down for the year.