Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dominic James to receive Jason Kendall Iron Man award


I was awoken by a text from the Badger informing me that, while she was groggy, she was pretty positive that she had just heard that DJ was cleared to play today. Skeptical as I was, I checked the Urinal Sentinel and sure enough, Dominic James will play.

I swear to God, Jason Kendall must have performed this surgery and used some special adamantium screw to secure that bone in DJ's foot. The BEST outlook was supposed to be a 90 day recovery this has been just shy of 30 days at this point. And, he actually practiced for 90 minutes yesterday so I have no doubt that he will be able to provide a lift no matter how limited his playing time might be.

I think this might be enough of a miracle to prompt me to go get some Jeebus time in this morning. Enjoy the ride bitches.

6 comments:

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

When I read the message board last night and saw that he had been cleared, I couldn't believe it. I still don't believe it. No idea what will happen, but this is awesome!

DJ has ginormous balls!

EMoney said...

I don't know how effective he will be on the floor, but I think that psychologically this will add a huge lift to the team.

Considering Missouri is such a press-oriented team, just having James available to break presses and distribute will be HUGELY beneficial. No matter what happens, it is good to know that James is able to put on the uni at least 1 last time. Will it be Kirk Gibson-esque? Only time will tell. 5 hours til tipoff. One thing is for certain, I am a whole lot more excited/optimistic knowing that James will be on the battlefield. Let's GO MARQUETTE!

Ring Out Ahoya!!!!!

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

That's definitely the thing. The psychological boost this will provide cannot be measured. He will be able to give us good spurts off the bench. Plus, imagine how much more he understands the game after sitting next to Buzz for the last 6 games or so. That is probably more valuable than anything else he has done (besides the ridiculous rehab) during the injury.

We Are, Marquette!

Reid You Animal! said...

When I first got word of this I thought VJJ was doing some of Moongoose's peyote. But alas, it is true and I am FIRED UP!!! Even if he only plays 10 minutes, that's still 10 minutes of game time that we can do things much differently than if he wasn't available.

D3 made the best point on this: "Worst case scenario it's a proper curtain call for James, and he gets to end his career with his uniform on."

EMoney said...

Buzz did an interview with Seth Davis and said that James will not contribute much....2-3 min's here or there. I don't know how he can be playing at all considering he had a screw put into his foot 3 weeks ago.

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

Buzz is underselling like he always does... or at least I hope that is what he is doing. I have a feeling any coach would say that.