Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Come on, White House. Seriously?

Okay.  So I'm catching parts of the Presidential News Conference in between sips of New Glarus Stone Soup (excellent beer, I might add) and a few things have come to mind.

1. I don't really know much about politics and I usually don't watch these things, but they aren't in HD?  Really?  Also, I don't know if this is being done at the White House, but still.  No HD?  Wait, I just changed channels and it is in HD on other channels that are not FOX.  So, really, FOX?  You are not going to show this thing in HD?  I guess that is what you get when you just keep the same channel on that showed a Seinfeld rerun.  

2. Barack Obama is good with the media.  We all know that he is a media darling and the second coming, but I tell you what, he was good in the parts I caught.  He was very funny and candid on things that couldn't be scripted and written out.  Now, I'm sure he knew the questions or something like that, but he did a great job.  This guy knows how to get it done.  And this is coming from someone that voted for the other guy.

So, this post lost a lot of steam once I switched the channel, but it leads me to something else.  I've been thinking about starting a new blog for quite some time now.  I've wanted to start something that would deal with TV, movies, music... well basically the entertainment spectrum.  I think it would be a great place to talk about the stuff we bitch about that aren't sports.  This way STG and Rubie can discuss Lost, we can talk about the new Wolverine movie, or I can totally deconstruct a horrible album (we can all actually do that, which will be great).  Just wondering if you all thought this would be a good idea.  You would all be invited to be contributors (except Kenosha Mustache who should still be kicked off of here).  Let me know if I'm totally off base or if this will be a good thing to take up time during my summer vacation between Arrested Development watching.

Also... this new blog could lead to a future or a huge blog network the likes of Gawker... or not.

18 comments:

FPMKE said...

I'd be up for another blog to discuss movies, tv, beers, etc.

I'm thinking that Rubie could populate a whole blog with just his knowledge of Star Trek and opinion of the new movie.

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

I actually thought I came up with a pretty good name, so I made one. We'll see if it works. More to come later...

EMoney said...

I think the Miss America candidates got tougher questions than the Prez did last night. What a waste of time.

Rubie Q said...

So this blog ain't good enough for you anymore? Fine. Go. Start your own BioDome.

But seriously -- I don't know that I'd be able to post anything interesting about entertainment. My opinions are pretty much confined to: "Awesome!" or "Fuck that."

As in: my opinion on The Fray: "Fuck that."

My opinion of Star Trek: "Awesome."

My opinion of the latest Kings of Leon album: "Fuck that."

My opinion of last night's Lost episode: "Awesome."

See? It's not very good.

Master Reid said...

Don't sell yourself short Rubie, I'm sure you could come up with pages of content smacking around my musical tastes alone.

With that said, I'm all kinds of down for this idea. Anything to make my day less soul-crushing.

Rubie Q said...

Dude: I had a serious Dave Matthews Band phase. I hardly have room to critique anyone's musical taste.

And, besides, 311 is pretty good.

FPMKE said...

Rubie, did you have the standard issue Dave Matthews Band poster as well?

Rubie Q said...

"Standard issue" implies I had one. I had several, my man.

Devil's Threesome said...

I think we should just keep it all on one blog. I know that I don't want two sites to go to. Additionally, we get around 90 hits/day - this thing isn't going anywhere beside entertaining us (for which it does a fantastic job). Keep it simple, one site, post what you want. That's my vote. Balls!

Rubie Q said...

Then could we get your thoughts on The Fray?

EMoney said...

I vote separate sites....although I will probably only venture to this site (sorry guys).

Devil's Threesome said...

I have no thoughts on the Fray. I'll be honest, if we go separate sites I'll probably not visit the entertainment side of things too often.

Rubie Q said...

Oh man. This is becoming eerily reminiscent of the time the nWo split into Hollywood's nWo and the Wolfpak.

I don't know which side I'm on, but I call dibs on Sting.

Rubie Q said...

OK, after doing some research: I'm definitely leading the Wolkpak nWo.

So I just need a Scott Hall (SBTG?) and a Kevin Nash.

FPMKE said...

Oh shit, The Fray sucks but it's great hot tub music... chicks dig it.

See, we can have an entire posting about music that sucks but gets chicks to drop their panties and jump in the hot tub (see: Dave Matthews, Coldplay, Fray, Gavin Degraw).

Word verification "dahonie" that's short for "me and the honey are going to put on some crappy music and get in the hot tub".

Moongoose McQueen said...

I'd take Big Sexy Kevin Nash. Too Sweeeeeeeeet!

Rubie Q said...

OK, Moongoose, we've got your marked down for Kevin Nash. Could we have your thoughts on The Fray, please?

Moongoose McQueen said...

I'm a sucker for pianos in rock bands, but I got so sick of "How to Save a Life" that I refuse to listen to anything else of theirs.