Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fox Sports...

2 games into the season and they are still horrible.

I hate to complain because we get to see just about every Brewers game on TV and over 90 of them in HD this year (even though the Fox Sports HD leaves something to be desired).

Here are my gripes. They are supposed to be a professional broadcasting company. They do this thing for just about every sports team on the planet. You would think they could figure simple things out. I know it's still early in the season, but they had preseason games to work the kinks out.

I wish I had a screen capture of this because I couldn't believe it. Last night they showed a graphic of what Braun had done at the plate. Let me tell you what the graphic said so you can try to figure out what is wrong...

2nd - Flyout
4th - Double
6th - Double

What is wrong about that... What is that you say? Braun is our third hitter in the lineup? THEN HOW COULD HE POSSIBLY BAT IN THE SECOND INNING WITHOUT BATTING IN THE FIRST!!!

Sorry for yelling. That is an inexcusable mistake for a "professional" broadcasting company.

Next problem... Not a big fan of the new in-game graphic yet. Doesn't mean I won't be, I just don't like the setup. That isn't my biggest problem though. How hard is it to push the little ball or strike button in a reasonable amount of time? I know for some in-stadium crews it can be hard to see what the umpire calls. Last night's ump was a real douche about his ball and strike call making it in front of his body where people behind him are blocked. When you work for the TV network broadcasting the game you have a camera right there. Yet for some reason it still took them forever to update the count on several occasions. Get with it.

I know I'm probably the only one who cares about stuff like this, but man. Get with the program.

Sorry for the rambling. It's early and I must teach now.

3 comments:

Devil's Threesome said...

My favorite is the Tron set they have. The Brady Bunch had better special effects in the UFO episode.

Is Davey Nelson still working for them? Nice, knowledgeable guy, but man, he's just not good at his job.

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

I also forgot to comment about how BAD Jerry Augustine was. They went to him the middle of a game for a breakdown of something and he really looked like a deer in the headlights when they first cut to him. He then muttered something and burst out crying... okay, so he didn't cry. But he might as well have. Absolutely horrendous. I like Augustine. Nice guy who knows about baseball, but he was awful. I hope he gets better.

Reid You Animal! said...

Davey Nelson is working the radio postgame show on 620 now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it seem like we had an exceptionally well produced broadcast a few years back? Did Daron Sutton take all the talent with him when he left town or something? Things have really gone to shit in the last couple of seasons.