Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Best "Old" Rubie/D3Some impression...

We are fucking toast...there's no way the Brewers win anymore games this year. We aren't even a tournament team. Fuck this team...cut them all!

I like the "New" Rubie am not throwing in the towel yet, but their first 8 games haven't given me much hope. The pitching staff better start turning things around (or at least stop giving up the huge innings with 4-5 walks) and our bats (ahem Ryan Braun) need to get hot as well.

Looking ahead here is my prediction for the Packers, despite their non-existence in the free agent season:

WIN vs. Chicago Bears
WIN vs. Cincinnati Bengals
WIN @ St. Louis Rams
LOSS @ Minnesota Vikings
WIN vs. Detroit Lions
WIN @ Cleveland Browns
WIN vs. Minnesota Vikings
LOSS @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
LOSS vs. Dallas Cowboys
WIN vs. San Francisco 49ers
WIN @ Detroit Lions
LOSS vs. Baltimore Ravens
WIN @ Chicago Bears
LOSS @ Pittsburgh Steelers
WIN vs. Seattle Seahawks
WIN @ Arizona Cardinals

8 comments:

Rubie Q said...

Isn't this supposed to be the busiest day of the year for you? Shouldn't you be shredding ... er, filing some financial documents right now?

I'm torn (or, as I like to call it, "MikeHunt-ed") on the Packers schedule. On the one hand: it looks like there's a lot of layups there ('Gals, Browns, Rams, Lions x2). On the other: we did nothing to improve a defense that ruined last season.

I think 11-5 is a stretch. I'll go with 9-7. Over/under for $1, as per usual.

EMoney said...

I too will take the under for $1. What have we done to improve a team that won 7 games last year (was it 7 or 6?)? Nothing. We are switching from a 4-3 defense to a 3-4, when we didn't have enough linebackers to field a quality 4-3 squad(note: I do like the idea of the 3-4). Ted "sit on his hands" Thompson did nothing in the free agent market (shocking), and he probably will once again swing and miss on his first round pick this year.

The only way we go 11-5 is if the other 3 NFC North squads all happen to perish from a combination of plane crashes, N.Korean nukes, and/or terrorist car bombings, which will lead to a division full of Keanu Reeves lead "replacement" squads.

Have I become a hater lately or what?

Reid You Animal! said...

Dude you really have. But you're right, if only that idiot Thompson would've shelled out some money for some mediocre players we'd be in WAY better shape. I can't believe he didn't want to give $42 million dollars to Chris Canty. What a dumbass! He has 100 tackles and 10 sacks in his career! If you're not willing to shell out $6 million per for that kind of production I don't know what's wrong with you.

Reid You Animal! said...

Check that: $7 million per.

Charlie Weis's Gunt said...

I wouldn't put automatic WIN next to the Bears...especially since the Packers are 2-6 against the Bears since 2005....and I think the Bears had a better offseason - unless someone wants to debate that Kyle Orton is a better QB then Cutler?

I see the pack at 9-7

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

But we are looking at Greg Paulus! That will put us over the top!


F Mike McCarthy! Fire him today!

Rubie Q said...

Yeah, I think the Gunt is right; I don't think we win at Soldier Field...unless, of course, Cutlerfucker goes nuts because he doesn't have anyone to throw to and blows up the team bus. Then we'd have a chance.

FPMKE said...

I agree with Gunt... Jay Cutler is a bitch but he is a definite improvement at QB for the Bears.