Friday, April 10, 2009

Stuck At Work...

Whilst all my friends go to Opening Day (save for out-of-towners Gunt and E$), I'm in my office attempting to get some work done. But you know what? That's OK. I'm not going to sit here and pout.

I'm going to make my own BioDome.



(Note: Joey Lauren Adams has always done something for me. I'm not sure what it is -- I've narrowed it down to the Daisy Dukes she was wearing in Dazed & Confused, or the bicurious character she played in Chasing Amy. That said, the chick who played Doyle's girlfriend, Jen, might be the hotter of the two. I don't know, you decide.)

I think there's some 1997-vintage Red Dog (which was a great season for Red Dog, I'm told) in the fridge in the office basement, and I've got some Goldfish crackers, and the Internet. So: tailgating at the park vs. Rubie-gating in the office. I'm going to call it a push.

Fine, it's not a push. Fuck all of you. I hope you have to park next to a caravan of Cubs fans.

9 comments:

EMoney said...

What shall we discuss Rub's?

Global politics?

The 2009 Brewers?

The 2009 Packers?

Gary Ellerson?

Rubie Q said...

Manny Parra -- will the brain ever catch up with the body?

EMoney said...

1-2 to start the '09 campaign.....against a sh*tty San Francisco Giants ball club. The optimist says its too early to judge. I say it's a sign of things to come. There's no way the Suppan, Parra, Looper combo can keep us in enough ball games. I foresee the bullpen getting overused by the end of June and hitting the wall in early August.

Rubie Q said...

I don't see the bullpen being burned out by the end of June, simply because there are too many off days in April and May. There's a lot of opportunities to rest in the early months.

July and August might be a problem, though.

EMoney said...

Prediction for 2nit: Cubs win 8-3. Harden will dominate the Crew, and both Soriano and A.Ramirez will hit dingers. Crew has 4 innings worth of strikeouts.

Tailgating will ensue post game and I will set the over/under for person(s) that vomit at 1. And I predict it will be Sheets VaJ

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

An update... I did not vomit. Hooray for me.

Good prediction though. Puking is my new thing.

EMoney said...

Way to go sheets! Looks like it was a horrible opening day....I mean it was only a come from behind walk off victory against the Cubs while being in a post tailgating 3rd-dimension.....it must have been horrible. My Friday consisting of working til 6, getting my haircut, going to the gym, eating scrambled eggs for dinner, and going to bed by 10:00 was probably much better. Life is good.

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

Yeah. It was pretty bad. The game could have been a little more exciting. It was a little cold and windy in the parking lot for some people and there was a line at the bar. Just horribly bad. You were lucky to have such a pleasant day.

You are a Baffoon said...

Its 4:30 in the morning and I am finally feeling like a normal human being, thanks to opening day and the fine bartenders at Long Dongs (Wongs-Jim kept calling it Dongs, funny story) and Kelly's Bleachers. I wished I did puke Friday, after forcing myself to eat vegan hotdogs which had the aftertaste of Purina dogchow and vomit...