Thursday, April 9, 2009

Things I Don't Miss...

About Ben Sheets.

Having To Watch Ben Sheets Hit.

Listen, I know that anything you get from a pitcher, at the plate, is gravy. But Ben Sheets was beyond an embarrassment at the dish. And I'm not talking about the fact that he had about 4 hits during his Brewers career. I'm talking about how he would actively step away from the plate when a pitch was thrown, like an eight-year-old Little Leaguer who's afraid of the ball. Good God, man. Have some pride.

Now, I ain't expecting Yo to hit .250 this year or to club 3 homers. I'm just sayin': if Ben Sheets was pitching yesterday against a guy with a 90+ fastball who once disintegrated a bird with a pitch, Sheeter would've asked out of the game when his turn at-bat came up.

2 comments:

FPMKE said...

I don't miss the random finger injuries that resulted from him biting his nails too low.

Devil's Threesome said...

Dude couldn't even bunt!
Yo killed that ball - not as much as he killed his first homer at Miller Park, but still quite impressive. Nothing like getting a 3-run HR from your pitcher!

Did you hear that Yo is the first pitcher to EVER homer off Johnson? I know he spent a lot of time in the AL, but that's impressive.