Monday, April 13, 2009

Ummmm.... Hell and Yeah!!!

So, the Va Jay Jay is on spring break (whoooo, spring break) this week.  I'll be spending half of it up north trying to shoot a turkey, but the first half of the week I'm down here.  As part of my daily routine when I have off, I check out jsonline.  This is something I do on a normal basis when I'm working because I find that teaching mad and upset at stupid writers is no way to educate the youth of America.  I'm really glad that I'm off this week and decided to read this article...


http://www.jsonline.com/business/42885472.html



I find all of the reinvention and remodeling projects very interesting. They are extremely interesting when they involve old breweries. Now, normally I wouldn't link to an article like this here, but there is something in this article that holds a special place in most of our hearts. In this article you can find this sentence, "Developer Jim Haertel, who owns the former Blue Ribbon Hall, gift shop and Pabst offices, said he has negotiated a preliminary lease with investors who want to operate a Hofbrauhaus microbrewery and restaurant. Haertel and the Hofbrauhaus group are each seeking bank loans to finance the remodeling of the buildings." That's right kids. We could have a Hofbrauhaus right here in town. This sentence makes it even better. "Hofbrauhaus Milwaukee would brew its beers under license of the Munich, Germany, Hofbrauhaus. It would be operated by investors who own a similar Hofbrauhaus near Cincinnati."

Now, there really isn't anything too special about a Hofbrauhaus. It would have been really cool if we didn't already have the Old German Beer Hall, but it still is cool to think about getting one. A bunch of us have great memories from the one near Cincinnati. That alone should have us a little interested in the possibility of this coming here. It's location in the old Pabst Brewery would be great for post-Marquette game festivities. It would be great if this thing could be ready for the next Big East season.

Well, we'll see if I can find anything about sports to talk about today. Beer is always a good topic as well.

3 comments:

FPMKE said...

And it's stumbling distance to Speed Queen BBQ. I love me some ribs and white bread.

EMoney said...

I for one wouldn't suggest stumbling anywhere near speed queen. Stumble at your own risk!

Another possible post-Marquette game destination is always a good thing. Although I doubt that they would ever have "free Jaeger bombs" as one of their daily specials like our normal post-game hangout.

EMoney said...

Oh I almost forgot...

Sheets VaJ, you can take your spring break and shove it up your a**!!!!!!!!!