Monday, May 11, 2009

Five Guys & Marquette's Most Famous Fat Alum

So, I headed over to Bayshore today for my first experience at Five Guys Burgers and Fries. Excellent fries, fried in peanut oil. Nice and crisp - delicious. The burger, which if you order a cheeseburger, apparently means you get a double cheeseburger, was good, not great. The cheese wasn't fully melted. There nothing worse than unmelted cheap American cheese on a burger. It was also very expensive. $10.74 for a double cheeseburger, fries and a Coke is quite dear.

The highlight, though, was spotting MU's very own Rick Majerus at Five Guys. He was sitting one table over with an attractive middle aged woman. I had no clue it was Majerus until he started walking out. I noticed him dig a hand into the box of peanuts they have set up for people in line. I thought it funny that a larger man was getting some more caloric intake before leaving heart attack land, when I noticed the famous Majerus walk. Absolutely unmistakeable. I'm not sure that I have a point, but I thought the contributors to the Buffet would appreciate this apparent "coincidence."

Good luck and good health at SLU Rick, we miss you on the ESPN broadcasts.

5 comments:

FPMKE said...

Interesting, the fries at the one in Oak Park are always soggy/undercooked.

I agree, it's not bad but a bit on the pricy side of things for what you get.

The peanuts are a plus.

EMoney said...

Eleven Dollars for a Hamburger? You must be crazy!

Charlie Weis's Gunt said...

I love 5 guys...soooo good.

By the way - I'm going to my first Brewers game of the season tomorrow (Tuesday)...will anyone be there?

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

I'll be there. But working of course.

Devil's Threesome said...

I will be there, give me a call. I'll be in the club level, but in the poor people club level seats in the outfield without the service.