Thursday, May 21, 2009

HE GONE! HE GONE FOR REAL!

Brew Crew Ball says that Our Lord and Saviour, Tony Gwynn, Jr. -- he of the career OBP of .300, with matching career slugging of .300 -- has been traded to the Padres for Jody Gerut.

Slow clap, everyone. Slow clap. Without our constant bitching, this trade might never have happened.

Enjoy your new outfielder, Pads fans. You'll love him when he's not refusing to take walks or striking out at an alarming rate for an allegedly prototypical lead-off hitter. Which is to say: you won't love him very often.

11 comments:

Softball's Tony Gwynn said...

why doug melvin why?

sarcasim off

its abou time and now with the Peavy trade all but done we can stop hearing the idiots say we should trade TGJR for Peavy.

Does this mean I need to change my screen name? Rubie, can you photoshop me a photo of TGJR with a Padres hat?

Rubie Q said...

Can I? I've been waiting for this day for three years, friend of friends.

One TGJ in a Pads hat, comin' up.

EMoney said...

Vegas

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

Vegas indeed.

FPMKE said...

So, they passed on claiming him but ultimately decided that they should trade for him?

Fuck it, I'm happy he's gone.

Rubie Q said...

They passed on claiming him b/c they just unloaded Gerut's contract -- around $1.75 mil for the year -- in exchange for TGJ. They're in full-scale fire sale mode.

Master Reid said...

On the plane in 13 hours... If I can survive the next 53 minutes.

Maybe we'll see TGJ in the airport? Oh wait, we're not flying outta Nashville.

Devil's Threesome said...

Where was Gerut in 2006 & 2008? I noticed that he hit 20+ homers in 2003 and then didn't play a couple of years later. Steroid issue?

Eat my ass, all you Vegas fuckers.

Rubie Q said...

I know he tore up his knee at the end of the '04 or '05 season, so that might explain '06. But I don't know shit about '08.

Rubie Q said...

And I'd like to second D3's "eat my ass" re: Vegas. I hope you all get the Clap. And iodine poisoning from eating buffet shrimp.

EMoney said...

I'm gonna eat iodine filled buffet shrimp until I vomit. Then I'm going to clean myself up and put a benjamin on red. Then I'm going to the gentleman's club.

Vegas