Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Llama Ain't Interested In Your Damn Twitter.

Which, I'm sure, is a serious blow to the fine folks running that service.

Anyway, Toddles' latest effort is another MikeHunt-esque "I'm on deadline and I haven't got shit to talk about" gem, and it's not worth going through line by line. But I had to point out this line:

Suddenly, athletes have become philosophers on Twitter. They may not have the grammar of Plato, but boy I love such insight ...

As Dick Enberg said at Marquette's commencement on Sunday: "Oh my!"

The "grammar of Plato"? Maybe I missed this part of philosophy, but I don't think Plato received great acclaim for being able to execute a grammatically perfect sentence. He wasn't the B.C. equivalent of Dornan and Dawe.

More to the point, though: I continue to find it delightful that a guy who writes stuff like this: "also those two people would not reveal on how they were in the Favre inner-circle"; a guy who hasn't yet used a comma in any piece he has written; a guy who constantly uses "can not" instead of "cannot"; a guy who writes paragraphs that have the following structure: sentence fragment, sentence fragment, run-on sentence, sentence fragment; has the nuts to bust somebody else for poor grammar.

Seriously, man, have you read your own shit?

1 comment:

Devil's Threesome said...

Considering the English language wasn't available in his day, Plato is a rather poor comparison.