Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday, May 19th '09

I thought I would switch away from the usual T Welter beatings and discussions of another one of those ho hum winning streaks by the Crew. That being said, here are a few interesting events occurring in the world of sports today:

1. I have to say that I have been extraordinarily entertained by the badger blogs of late with the whole Vander Blue situation. It is being reported that Mr. Blue (not Mr. Pink) will be holding a news conference this afternoon to address his future. IMO, if you're a Badger fan, this isn't good. Vander is one of the better recruits that Bo Ryan has ever gained a committment from and allegedly is on the verge of re-opening his recruitment, yet Bo "can't do no wrong" Ryan is busy coaching a USA amateur team and likely is no where near Madison, WI. Rumors have been swirling since he originally committed regarding Blue's continual interest in MU and how Jeronne Maymon has been trying to convince Vander of joining forces at Marquette. I for one don't see it happening. However, I would love it.....not just because MU would be adding more talent to the squad, but because of the anger that it would instill within the badger nation. How much animosity would be on display when Marquette plays at Madison in 3 years with Jeronne and Vander walking on the court together? That would be "Must See" television.

2. The NBA LOTTERY IS 2NIT!!!!! I know.....the NBA is quite lame.....especially as a Bucks fan. And since the Bucks are currently sitting in 11th, there is a slim to none chance that the Bucks move into the top 3. However, last year the Chicago Bulls jumped from 9th to No.1 overall so there is still hope. Regardless of where the Bucks fall, I hope that the white collars of the Milwaukee Bucks organization will start listening to me more often in regards to who they draft. The Draft is always a time for optimism as a fan (maybe not for a Bucks fan considering our horrendous Mike Sherman-like drafting failures over the years). So enjoy the lottery and pray for a miracle 'cuz the Bucks need one.

9 comments:

Master Reid said...

Ugh... The Bucks. I'd take anything to inject a little life into that team and that fan base. Who's the last player we've had that people were genuinely excited about? Probably Ray Allen. People like Michael Redd and Andrew Bogut. People (myself included) gained a new appreciation for Richard Jefferson's game since his arrival in MKE. But none of these guys really gets people excited. We need a guy that can put on a show, get people talking, get on Sportscenter, win games for us, and put asses in the seats. Who is that guy? I don't know...Evans maybe?

EMoney said...

Let's see where our "ping pong ball" falls before we anticipate who will be there when we select. Reke Evans is an interesting thought. Will he be there at 11 if that's where we fall? Seems like a weak draft this year. What about Johnny Flynn? As much as I hate Syracuse, he is a helluva ball player......but can he hack defending NBA PG's?

Rubie Q said...

JONNY FLYNN PLEASE.

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

I agree with Rubie. Let the Bucks get Flynn. Please!!!

EMoney said...

How outstanding would it be if the bucks took McNeal or Matthews in the 2nd? I imagine that would sell some extra tickets that wouldn't otherwise be sold. I haven't been to a game in years, but would think about it more if they had someone from MU on the squad.

Charlie Weis' said...

it's official, Vander Blue has reopened his recruitment. I like MU's chances...from what I've read, he is a big time family kid, and wants his mom to be able to go to his games....

White But Still Hip said...

Yeah, but if we get Blue, where the hell does he play? Or, I suppose, where does Junior play?

Rubie Q said...

Oh, if he's as good as he seems to be, I imagine we'd find a place for Vander to play. Hell, I'd take him just to keep him away from Madison or another Big East team.

And if he doesn't go to Wisconsin or Marquette, I hope he goes to Minnesota and beats the shit out of Bucky twice a year. Tubby'd love him some Vander Blue.

Charlie Weis's Gunt said...

Vander is 6'4" - he's a 2 - he'd be playing with Junior. what a way to stick it to bucky if we could land him