Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bad Manny Enjoyed His Brief Vacation...

But it looks like he's back for good -- at least for this season.

Another game, another WHIP over 2.00, five walks -- with two coming with the bases loaded (on back-to-back hitters, no less), five earned in six innings, and one undeserved win. This comes on the heels of Manny's five-inning stinkbomb against the Braves, and after he walked the tightrope against the Reds, when he turned in a one-run effort but was constantly pitching out of trouble.

It's looking more and more likely that Manny's strong seven-inning, shutout effort against St. Louis in his first game back was the product of a Cardinals team that's exceptionally shitty against left-handed pitching (team totals vs. LHP: .231/.310/.361) rather than Parra getting his shit together at AAA.

3 comments:

FPMKE said...

I've been waiting all day for that Bad Ronald, man!

Speaking of which, did that make D3s wedding song list?

Master Reid said...

I was watching last night trying to decide exactly what to make of Manny's outing. In my brain I knew that it wasn't a great outing, but I was still somewhat pleased that he managed to contain the damage. Maybe it's just my longing for Manny to actually amount something, or maybe the previous starters just set that bar that low, but I was inclined to give props to Parra for not folding like a little bitch last night. I would've given him even more credit had he not hung that splitter to Zimmerman in the 6th. I know there were a lot of red flags in last night's performance, but I think there were some positives that could be taken away as well.

So tap the keg, shoot the sh!t...

Devil's Threesome said...

Fucking apologist...