Monday, July 20, 2009

Lopez Anyone??

No chatter about the deal for Felipe Lopez? I thought ya'll would be all over that by now. You want my take? Tough shit, I'm giving it to you anyways. I love this deal. It will hopefully provide a little continuity at the top of the order. And if the Crew isn't going to be getting any pitching, they're going to have to score more runs. Hopefully, having a consistent lead-off guy will help that cause tremendously. It also strengthens the bench by allowing Counsell to move back to a utility roll, be a defensive replacement and provide something that at least resembles a compotent pinch hitter. Then, once you realize that means there's one more infielder in between Bill Hall and the field, it looks like an awesome deal. I think it's pretty hard to make an argument against this deal, but I'm sure there are a few who will try.

4 comments:

FPMKE said...

I'm not arguing against it. I know it adds to the offense. My hope is that making this deal is an integral part of a much larger deal Melvin is pursuing.

Devil's Threesome said...

I like it. No way the Crew adds a significant pitcher.

Softball's Tony Gwynn said...

i second 3somes thoughts. i think the larger deal FPMKE was discussing involved Doug Davis which apparently may not happen

Rubie Q said...

If you think this is the prelude to a mega-deal for a pitcher, you're going to be waiting for a while. Halladay's not coming, and, unless the M's fall out of contention in the next 10 days, neither are Bedard or Washburn.

As of July 20: these are your 2009 Brewers, come good or come ill.